Where To Work (1 Viewer)

TheDmac

HSC
Ive left school and im looking for full time work. Ive broken it down to these choices.

KFC
Anyone have experience cooking? If so whats it like work wise during the day (I know what lunch and 3-4 is like! But apart from that). My KFC near by is desperate for day time workers.

Safeway or Coles
Stacking shelves or doing anything other then working at a register. I hate working with money. Anyone done this work.

Anyway im 17 as well if that matters!

TheDmac

HSC
Is it really that hard to get a job these days. I know local KFC is desperate. They will hire anyone really.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
Honestly I second *So WOnderful*'s (Yes, I typed that out.) post. Take what you can get. I hated money-handling, cash-register business-type stuff but I took a job with it anyway just to get experience, something on my resume and some sort of stability. There are a shit load of people without experience looking for jobs and, the way it looks now, not very places wanting to hire inexperienced workers unless it's for slave labour wages.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
in the current climate, take what you can get, and stick it out for at least a year, prefferably 2 or 3

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Ive left school and im looking for full time work. Ive broken it down to these choices.

KFC
Anyone have experience cooking? If so whats it like work wise during the day (I know what lunch and 3-4 is like! But apart from that). My KFC near by is desperate for day time workers.

Safeway or Coles
Stacking shelves or doing anything other then working at a register. I hate working with money. Anyone done this work.

Anyway im 17 as well if that matters!
1. Coles, Woolies, etc or any other retail shops, etc.

Nah, u don't wana work at a safeway servo, it's sh*t esp if your new they'll prob use u for the late shifts, etc.

KFC, depends on the store and mangers alot of them will treat you like sh*t. Also who want's to be on the fryer or pressure cookers in the middle of summer, no one so they'll put to n00b on it.

As Townie's has said, take anything you can get your hands on.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
I reckon Coles/safeway will probably pay like 25% more than KFC lol

I hated hospitality - came home stinking like grease/detergents all the time

carrallrohan

HSC
I worked at KFC for about 3.5 years during school. It was horrible but it was a lot of fun. It can be really stressful and they will milk you for all you are worth. They tend to not think about all you do for them.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
My work's looking for people if you want to work in a newsagents...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)