Where would you group/movement these artist? (1 Viewer)

Archomi

HSC
Picaso, Goya ang Gittoes~

Consider i screwed up my half yearly exam~ and specially the part which is worth 13.5/25marks~
"Discuss how characteristic aspects of practice enable artist to be identified as members of particular groups, styles or movements in the artworld."

Teachers comment: ***** you need to explain the Group or style the artist you chosen belong to .....in your introduction.

You have outlined what each artist does and their art work however why do they belong to a group~explain--

Please help me with my question....

robo-andie

HSC
Archomi said:
Picaso, Goya ang Gittoes~

Consider i screwed up my half yearly exam~ and specially the part which is worth 13.5/25marks~
"Discuss how characteristic aspects of practice enable artist to be identified as members of particular groups, styles or movements in the artworld."

Teachers comment: ***** you need to explain the Group or style the artist you chosen belong to .....in your introduction.

You have outlined what each artist does and their art work however why do they belong to a group~explain--

Please help me with my question....
Picass - Cubist, among many other things.
Goya - Eh, absolutely no idea... he went really crazy, so it depends on what pieces you look at.
Gittoes - Apparently he was one of the first modernists in Australia.

The question is asking you to analyse the artist, reference some of there work and mention key aspects of their works which represent particular art movements/styles/periods.
You want to look at the particular characteristics of each artists work which represent the movements. ie: cubists look at geometric shapes and different perspectives within one work. Look at this site, it defines and gives examples of art movements.

sscarpellino

HSC
Wasn't Manet the first. He was the transition from romance (before modernism) to modernism.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Goya: Romanticism c.1800-1900

You'll have to identify the artists in question to their respective art movements/groups/styles. Then discuss how the various aspects of their artistic practice uses style to define what catergory they're placed in throughout the artworld. I would also mention something about how their style reflects upon the culture of the time.

I think so anyway. Not sure if this is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)