Which 2 of these 4 Units should I keep? (1 Viewer)

pasq

HSC
I've decided to do Maths X2, English, PDHPE and SOR 1.

I have to pick 2 of these 4 units for Year 11:

Physics
Chemistry
Economics
Modern History

I'm interested in their scaling, how enjoyable they are, how important they might be for later life, and how easy they are

astroman

HSC
Physics year 12 is much more theory than year 11 so keep that in mind, can't comment on others as I haven't done them. I would suggest you do what you perform best in regardless of interest.

blackbird_14

HSC
You've got at least another six months to decide really, and hopefully you know that MX2 is a year 12 course (perhaps you're accelerating) so it doesn't count toward year 11 units.

What do you intend to do later in life? I do chemistry, and I find it fascinating, but I love all aspects of the physical world, so personal preference. Prelim chem has more calculations than HSC chem which is more content based.

lastofus

HSC
For me, Year 11 Economics and Modern History were boring af. I can still remember all those Eco lessons I spent sleeping lol. Economics is a very content heavy subject, especially in Year 11, which is why many of my classmates dropped it. However, I found Year 12 Economics and Modern History absolutely enjoyable. Scaling wise, they are generally not as good as Physics and Chemistry, but they are not bad at all. How easy each subject is depends on you. Choose the subjects depending on whether or not you will enjoy them; this will make studying a lot easier.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How important subjects are for later life-i.e. uni-will depend on what you want to do in uni-I always recommend you to pick subjects that are relevant to what you want to study in uni when possible, and of course, how enjoyable a subject is is one of the most subjective questions imaginable-it depends on your teacher, on your own attitude and aptitude towards the subject, and how the subject is taught/assessed.

Carbonunicorn

HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh I've done some of those and found chem and eco the best you want something that's not fully content based and will consolidate or strengthen your knowledge of some topics even though in year 12 they get more content based but you can easily memorize and learn, due to the subjects you have already picked out i believe chem and eco will help in terms of scaling and i'm sure you can handle them :spin: modern history will kill you in terms of research and long response questions so if you are not into that stay away, English is more than enough ( DO ADV English) and as for physics c'mon buddy lets not go crazy here you've already got ext2 maths. Thats just my thoughts though you do whatever and work you're arse off to get those b6's or 5's either way you sound capable!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)