which book is good for... (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
The Global Economy

im using the Dixon book the "Australias place in the GLobal economy" one but i feel it is pretty shitty for the first topic.

does n e 1 know a better alternative for studying this topic?

cheers

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the topic isnt hard so just stick it through with that textbook. dixon is very good actually for all topics...my skool issued the riley one to everyone but im the only one in the class using dixon instead

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
riley has like 11 pages on this whole BoP thing ( i think)

Bulmer has like 40. so if you want something REALLY in depth, get bulmer, its crazy. :)

leading edge is good too. :)

AGB

HSC
dixon or riley is fine for the first topic

AGB

HSC
first topic is the global economy, second is australia in the global economy, third is economic issues, and fourth is economic policies and management

D

dude431

Would it be a bad idea to completely rely on Dixon?

I have a copy of Riley and my teacher hands out Bulmer notes, but I sometimes feel they are way too in-depth for what we need to know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Matthew_152

Originally posted by dude431
Would it be a bad idea to completely rely on Dixon?

This is not necessarily a bad idea....his ideas are simple and concise and yet cover all of the syllabus points comprehensively. I studied HSC Economics last year and gained a Band 6 whilst completely relying on Dixon for all of my notes.
However, I do suggest that u also gain relevant updated statistics from sources such as www.abs.gov.au and try to relate and quote the works of professionals such as Ross Gittin's to support your answers.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
just use riley..

i used it last year, it kicks ass

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i like them alot, they are like a comprehensive hard copy of a standards package in a way...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)