which campus do you goto? (2 Viewers)

Angel45

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
yeah i dano what is wrong with that building...i always think when parra was a mental institution someone went crazy and decided to light it on fire and when they came to put uws campus together they couldnt remove it cause it is heritage

that's my theory :rolleyes:
Yeah, I reckon too perhaps!

Yeah, Parra was a psychiatric hospital place..bet the walls have seen some things.

Parra north was the CSIRO.

my mum used to go to school round there and her school would have their sports carnival on the oval there and they'd bring some of the patients out to watch. hehe

= Jennifer =

HSC
The site’s relatively short history as a university campus belies a much older institutional past. Former uses of the site include the Female Orphan School (1818–1886) – whose foundation stone was laid by Governor Macquarie in 1813 making it Australia’s oldest three-storey masonry building – and the Rydalmere Hospital (1888–1976).
Female Orphan School

A key feature of UWS’s Parramatta campus is the Female Orphan School.
The foundation stone of the Female Orphan school was laid by Governor Macquarie on the 24th of September 1813, it was the first purpose-built charitable institution in Australia, and is Australia’s oldest three-storey masonry building. Construction wasw supervised by the Reverend Samuel Marsden between 1813 and 1818.

The building has limitations on its use and refurbishment and has been preserved and restored to its natural condition- the process of adaptive reuse will ensure both it’s preservation and sensitive use as a public space.

Angel45

HSC
I like that it's historical aye...

On the uni site it says:

"is rumoured that the Vernon Building, also at Parramatta campus was the longest building of its era."

L

LaraB

Basically, Parra campus has over the years been:

* Female orphanage
* General orphanage
* Hospital
* Nut house - there were some crazy like,v iolent types in there... one of em burnt down the huge cricket grounds that used to be on campus.. some were so bad they were kept under lock and key...
* Care facility for mentally disabled - so just your average nut lol. not like the dangerous ones that were also held there
* Of course, the uni:)

Lollies...

HSC
I completed my undergrad across Campbelltown, Bankstown and Penrith (Werrington and Kingswood) and I'm doing my B Teach at Bankstown.

I've seen all the campuses and I reckon Campbelltown is the nicest campus.

L

LaraB

Lollies... said:
I completed my undergrad across Campbelltown, Bankstown and Penrith (Werrington and Kingswood) and I'm doing my B Teach at Bankstown.

I've seen all the campuses and I reckon Campbelltown is the nicest campus.
lol... i stand by penrith admin campus as being the nicest:) so many pretty flowers lol and pretty buildings

omg campbelltown - grr... i have issues with campbelltown since last week... Jennifer does too... so far to travel from parra uws... too many loonies on the train and at the various stations... it's so like...i dunno small and stuff.... library's alrite but other than that it was a waste of a total of 3 n ab it hours on public transport lol:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)