which finance formulas must i memorise? (1 Viewer)

tikkamassalawarrior

HSC
im assuming they give you the ones under 'financial ratios' right?

right now though i've memorised: net profit, COGS, gross profit, Owners Equity, Working Capital

is this all i need or do i need to memorise more?

thx

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
First, the formulas under the financial ratios dot point are indeed provided. This can be confirmed by simply accessing past HSC exam papers and having a look at finance questions. However, while this is the case, it is always best to not only know the ratios, but also ensure that you can interpret them and effectively manipulate them. This can be done by revising the content as well as completing numerous questions involving financial ratios.

In terms of other formulas/equations that are not/may not be provided in the HSC exam, you can approach this matter in one of two ways:
  • As you complete practice questions (which can be a combination of past papers and questions from other sources), you can determine which of the formulas/equations that are not included under the financial ratios heading tend to appear the most in those questions. For example, COGS and the accounting equation can be indirectly assessed by questions that require answers based on a given financial ratio, but where some financial information may be missing and may need to be calculated by using formulas/equations such as COGS or the accounting equation. Ultimately, you can choose to specific memorise formulas/equations.
  • The other method (and the one I would personally recommend) is to be familiar with all formulas/equations. It is best to be always prepared for any questions in order to maximise your performance. Here, substantial practice can be beneficial as constant exposure and application of this knowledge would facilitate its retention.
I hope this helps! :D

tikkamassalawarrior

HSC
First, the formulas under the financial ratios dot point are indeed provided. This can be confirmed by simply accessing past HSC exam papers and having a look at finance questions. However, while this is the case, it is always best to not only know the ratios, but also ensure that you can interpret them and effectively manipulate them. This can be done by revising the content as well as completing numerous questions involving financial ratios.

In terms of other formulas/equations that are not/may not be provided in the HSC exam, you can approach this matter in one of two ways:
  • As you complete practice questions (which can be a combination of past papers and questions from other sources), you can determine which of the formulas/equations that are not included under the financial ratios heading tend to appear the most in those questions. For example, COGS and the accounting equation can be indirectly assessed by questions that require answers based on a given financial ratio, but where some financial information may be missing and may need to be calculated by using formulas/equations such as COGS or the accounting equation. Ultimately, you can choose to specific memorise formulas/equations.
  • The other method (and the one I would personally recommend) is to be familiar with all formulas/equations. It is best to be always prepared for any questions in order to maximise your performance. Here, substantial practice can be beneficial as constant exposure and application of this knowledge would facilitate its retention.
I hope this helps! :D
much love jimmy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)