Which IP to do? (1 Viewer)

Kolya

HSC
I'm tossing up between lighting design and performance...considering I'm writing the performance I need to decide fairly soon.

So anywho, how hard is LD comparatively? Any advice from folks who've done it would be grand.

Cheers

Aeriff

HSC
I didn't go Lighting Design, but a major thing to consider here is you're competing against everyone else who is doing Lighting Design who may have access to better equipment than you do. Do you have access to adequate resources to be able to achieve the aims/vision of your project? If not, I'd suggest another IP.

zacmac1993

HSC
Somebody told me that you should oly do 1 I.P and before you go off well of course i'me only doing one I.P what im saying is if u decided togo for performance don't attempt to write your own... how many good actors out there are great writers... the markers wont care that you wrote it they are marking your acting ability. and in all due respect a professionally written peice from something like "Australian Script Centre" at ozscript.something :)S) will benifit you more. If u really wanna write your own peice find a short story or a charachter or combinations of one or more from each of the above... i.e. look at david sedaris peices (they are very very funny) and work your own monolougue from that... dnt try to do to much. you only have time to do one major work well

Aeriff

HSC
Somebody told me that you should oly do 1 I.P
That somebody told you correctly, everyone only does one IP. You choose which one you would like to do from the 'categories' available (off the top of my head): Performance, Scriptwriting, Lighting Design, Costume Design, Set Design, Video Drama, Programs & Promotions & Director's Folio. It's all in the syllabus.

zacmac1993

HSC
:p what i meant is write and performing a peice is paramount to 2 I.P's lol i know you only do 1 I.P. :pirate:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
don't attempt to write your own
I disagree. If you are confident in your writing abilities, and you have a strong performance concept, then by all means, write one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)