Which is better for B. Education: UNSW or USYD? (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
A mate of mine is doing B Arts/B Ed at USYD, he reckons USYD is better.
Personally I haven't looked into it..

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It might also be a good iea to base your decision on the quality of your other degree that you are going to do along with Education. Personally, I think all unis provide a good Education degree, as all of them give you plenty of practical experience where you go to actual school and teach.

I have friends going Education at UNSW and Mac. Both of them received plenty of training at their selected high school and are happy with their choice when they graduated.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
The main advantage of a B something/ BEd. at UNSW vis-a-vis USyd is that it is only four years here instead of 5 over there. Apart from that, they both suck. (As does any education qualification at any other uni, for that matter.)

Survivor39 gives good advice - your sister should primarily worry about the quality of the B. something, not the BEd.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Aha, ok i see.

Well my sis'll be doing B. Science/B. Education.
So, the question should be which is better for B Science, unsw or usyd?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, go for quality on the Science part, in particular, what her major will be.

For Maths, Iruka knows a lot about UNSW and USyd Maths and will be able to give more advice on it.

Biology related - UNSW offer better microbiology and immunology courses than USyd from what I understand (www.babs.unsw.edu.au). Biochemsitry and Molecular Biology - both uni are pretty good. UNSW has a high number of macro-biology courses so there are plenty to choose from (www.bees.unsw.edu.au).

Do you know what major your sister is consider doing?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
No idea, she wont have any idea either.

The main reason why i was asking a comparison of usyd and unsw is because she's got the unsw academic achievement award, $4000, and my dad is saying that usyd is better for teaching, but imo either are fine, better she goes to unsw, i go there so i can show her around, travel together and stuff, AND she gets $4000.

d3l35cu3l4

HSC
The University of Sydney is, of course! Education has been associated with Sydney Uni for over 100 years. Indeed the education of student teachers in New South Wales began at USyd and its associated institutions. There's a variety of programmes and our faculty is at the forefront of innovative pedagogies.

Also we have an awesome student society in the Faculty of Education and Social Work. But I could be biased.

Last edited:

amber44

HSC
d3l35cu3l4 said:
The University of Sydney is, of course! Education has been associated with Sydney Uni for over 100 years. Indeed the education of student teachers in New South Wales began at USyd and its associated institutions. There's a variety of programmes and our faculty is at the forefront of innovative pedagogies.

Also we have an awesome student society in the Faculty of Education and Social Work. But I could be biased.
The education cohert get along like a house on fire. I have a friend who transferred out of Science and he absolutely loves education. Apart from the material covered, the social scene is probably the best on campus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)