Which schools to go? (1 Viewer)

butterball

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I am looking to send my sister to Sydney for HS. So far we have the following in mind:

1. Willoughby Girls.
2. Riverside Girls.
3. Randwick Girls (r they getting worse? They fell from top 200 ranking in 2007).
4. Chastwood HS

ANy suggestion of which one to choose? I am actually attending UNSW so I prefer good schools that are a bit closer to UNSW.

Thanks!

butterball

HSC
N/A
no... My parents will support her. But I prefer her to live with me.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
butterball said:
Hi,

I am looking to send my sister to Sydney for HS. So far we have the following in mind:

1. Willoughby Girls.
2. Riverside Girls.
3. Randwick Girls (r they getting worse? They fell from top 200 ranking in 2007).
4. Chastwood HS

ANy suggestion of which one to choose? I am actually attending UNSW so I prefer good schools that are a bit closer to UNSW.

Thanks!

Schools rankings are only reflective of one year's cohort so dropping out of the top 200 could simply mean that last year's cohort weren't as capable as other years (my school dropped over 300 places last year based on 2 fewer Band 6's than the year before - but we had something like 20 more Band 5s and the same number of students with UAIs over 90 and still put over 60% of students into unis - and the rest into either TAFE or jobs).

My point is don't put too much emphasis on the rankings at that level as schools do move around a lot there.

Why don't you visit each of the schools and see for yourself?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Base it on where she feels most comfortable and where you feel all her needs and skills will be supported and fostered

More important than school ranking I feel is school community. A school with a strong sense of community and pride.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)