Which Selective SChool is best at sport? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
buckyatbaulkohs said:
You'd be pleased to know that Baulko *when it wants to* compete just as good as any other school;:)
I agree. But...

Girls Volleyball - National team 7 times running
That really isn't saying much. A lot of schools have entered teams - and there is no pre-requisites for entering teams, except for the fact of whether or not you can afford it. But if I recall correctly, Baulko came 3rd or something last year (I was reffing that game). :p

Chloe Groves; Also in year 11. All around atheletics and volleyball beast. Didnt want to run the 1500m at region becuse she was tired...ending up coming first breaking the record (to the best of my knowledge). Part of the volleyball team that wins nationals.
Didn't know about her and athletics - but she's awesome at volleyball, although, she arguably isn't the best player. There's that Asian girl with the nickname on her jersey as 'phat'. :p

Jayraj Bhatti; Year 11. Best track and field thrower for his age.
That's either a lie, or pure ignorance.

That being said - I reckon James Ruse are a lot better at sport than they're given credit for.

Last edited:

timmiejay

HSC
tommykins said:
For a selective school kid, you need to learn about paragraphs. Fuck that's just a wall of text.
ROFL. picky much princess!? I'll remember the name tommykins^^; when the hsc results come out, remind me to rub my english band 6 into your face..make sure you do =p

timmiejay

HSC
Quote: Jayraj Bhatti; Year 11. Best track and field thrower for his age.

Yeah that's a load of bull. I asked my mate from school who competed in his age competition and apparently he didn't even make the finals this year. So I have no idea what in the world your on about.

tkrishanthy

HSC
LOL ruse is hardly that. last week was preliminary exams and it was compulsory to come to school for sport on the middle day of exams where no one except music and japanese had exams, to do sport otherwise, you were shitted =]

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
Aerath said:
I agree. But...

That really isn't saying much. A lot of schools have entered teams - and there is no pre-requisites for entering teams, except for the fact of whether or not you can afford it. But if I recall correctly, Baulko came 3rd or something last year (I was reffing that game). :p

Didn't know about her and athletics - but she's awesome at volleyball, although, she arguably isn't the best player. There's that Asian girl with the nickname on her jersey as 'phat'. :p
National team as in they usually get to semi finals or something (I'm pretty sure about that)

Yes, and the girl with the jersey nic as 'phat' is pretty tank at volleyball =]

Last edited:

alexvision

HSC
Quite clearly GPS schools own selective schools at sport if you think Sydney Boys is good. LOL

They come last in all sports events, I mean even Scots beats them :) (i.e. my school:D )

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
alexvision said:
Quite clearly GPS schools own selective schools at sport if you think Sydney Boys is good. LOL

They come last in all sports events, I mean even Scots beats them :) (i.e. my school:D )
Define Scots please? Is it full selective or half?

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
im pretty sure baulko own at running. In the 17s this yr they liked raped us xD apparently we got a national figure skater in yr 10 or something!

theviet

HSC
sydney boys might get owned in the GPS comp..

but they do pretty good at CHS levels...

e.g many CHS athletes in swimming and running
- some state tennis and soccer players

alexvision

HSC
Define some and pretty good,

Most of these teams are made of the one or two freaks that each school seems to have.

Last edited:

youwish

HSC
N/A
baulko wins for sure

17s boys relay team ran in the CHS finals this year

Chloe Groves, Cassie Monaghan. Bobbie Liang, Shirley Huang, Catt Collins = all members of NSW volleyball team this year

open boys touch team made CHS finals this year

girls volleyball team wins state every year comes top 3 in nationals for the past 4 years

loren mahoney playing for sydney fc at 16 and member of australian young matildas squad

gilly veevers CHS runner and long jumper

constant winners of regional carnivals over other more "sportingly inclined" schools

HSC
youwish said:
baulko wins for sure

17s boys relay team ran in the CHS finals this year

Chloe Groves, Cassie Monaghan. Bobbie Liang, Shirley Huang, Catt Collins = all members of NSW volleyball team this year

open boys touch team made CHS finals this year

girls volleyball team wins state every year comes top 3 in nationals for the past 4 years

loren mahoney playing for sydney fc at 16 and member of australian young matildas squad

gilly veevers CHS runner and long jumper

constant winners of regional carnivals over other more "sportingly inclined" schools

agreed
not that i can take any sort of credit it for it
but baulko is the best selective school..... for sport
and pretty much just in general as well :D

youwish

HSC
N/A
finals indicates final 8, they were in the top 2 of the sydney west region and so road tripped to play in the final stage of the knockout tournament

Black Hawker

HSC
I'll add Penrith High to it then.

* World Under 18 Karate Champion - Won in both 2007 and 2008. Nearly beat first ranked champion in the open ages.
* Various national represetatives - with a one coming 1st in Australia for cross country.
* Various state representatives

Too tired to think about more.

theviet

HSC
North Sydney Boys are also very good at sport...

especially in tennis =]

won CHS a couple years back... because they had like two state players in the team...
*a team consists of four people only

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
no mate, ns boys are only good in tennis and tennis only. they are competitive in other sports, but have rarely won comps. how do i know? i used to play heaps of sports for my high school and while nsb are formiddable opponents, we've never seen them clean out in any particular sport.

may i also comment on the atrocious effort from high's part? they are part of the gps and there is not one sport they manage to be remotely competitive. and even comes to chess (which is not sport) and one would think high has all the sharp people, they still get nailed by comprehensive high schools. the message to all high students and teachers - stop embarassing yourself in the gps and play at your own level.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
yer well.. We had Brett Kirk (sydney swans) and Lauren Jackson (No1 women basketball player) go through our school... top that

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
addikaye03 said:
yer well.. We had Brett Kirk (sydney swans) and Lauren Jackson (No1 women basketball player) go through our school... top that
Yeah, but is your school selective?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)