which should i chose? (1 Viewer)

billybobbyno

HSC
hi! i'm in year 10 rn, and i was wondering if i should choose bio or investigating.

im currently doing tutoring for bio at matrix and honestly find the content really boring, but i wanna go into law so i need a decent scaling subject. i did a scientific report earlier this year and got an A, so i was thinking of doing investigating cause i find it really interesting.

i'm not really sure which one to chose cause they both have advantages and disadvantages

radish33

HSC
eh bio is rlly content heavy and most ppl I know dislike it, might not be worth depending on how it scales at your school. idrk abt investigating but the head sci teacher at my school swears by it (he says it gives foundational knowledge for any other sciences you do, but no one in my year group ended up doing it). if you do good with reports you can consider picking up sci ext later too

lolcti

HSC
N/A
hi! i'm in year 10 rn, and i was wondering if i should choose bio or investigating.

im currently doing tutoring for bio at matrix and honestly find the content really boring, but i wanna go into law so i need a decent scaling subject. i did a scientific report earlier this year and got an A, so i was thinking of doing investigating cause i find it really interesting.

i'm not really sure which one to chose cause they both have advantages and disadvantages
what's the point of any science if you don't want to do any science degree? not worth it. Icl, year 10 work is rlly different in comparison to yr12 and unless you go James Ruse and that A aint going to scale you up unless you commit into that subject and by committing I mean a lot of dedication. In the long run, there's a 99.99% chance you wont be doing biology in law (correct me if im wrong) decent scaling doesn't matter unless you do really bad in that subject..

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
If you want to go into law, wouldn't doing humanities subjects be better?

billybobbyno

HSC
the rest of my subjects are humanities but my parents want me to choose a science as a back up. i also wanna go into research if law doesn't work out for me

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
What type of research do you wanna go into? If its something science/medical, you should do bio.

Bear in mind, choose subjects you enjoy as you are more likely to do well in subjects you like. Don't choose a subject because your parents said so. It's your hsc not theirs.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC

if u want to cry all day choose bio

C_master

HSC
looks like it's time to make the switch, bio is only boring if taught poorly

i did investigating science and it was the easiest band 6 of my life. As much as i love bio, if you want a easy band 6 to increase your ATAR, go for that
how many ppl do u tutor?

iumresp2

HSC
I just want to advise you to think carefully about what you want to learn and what you want to do. Don't just listen to your parents. I studied accounting according to my parents' advice and now after graduating I have to study another field to work because I really don't like accounting. Therefore, I advise you to consider not to waste it like me!

zahri992

HSC
idk anything about investigating but if you're gonna choose bio, find out about who might be teaching it. ask kids in the grade above you who do it how they feel about it. if the teacher is bad you will hate the subject, especially in year 11 - the content is very boring.
year 12 content however so far I've enjoyed. much more interesting to make notes on, and doesn't matter if the teacher is bad

C_master

HSC

DONT CHOOSE BIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)