• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which Subjects Will You Be Doing? (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Elke said:
This year I'm doing:

Adv English
Ext English
Adv Maths
Ext Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Legal Studies
Economics

14 units and shit-scared!
I already want to drop Ext English but English is one of best subjects, the other being History, so I am thinking about changing to Modern History from Chemistry or Physics (if subject lines permit), or maybe I should just drop Chem or Physics and keep both my extensions??
Ah well, we will see in a few weeks eh?
Hey Elke

It all depends on how much effort you are going to put into the subjects that you are doing. You would normally put more effort into a subject that you like, and thus get higher marks so I suggest that you keep the subjects that you like. Remember, you can always change subjects a few weeks into the course, providing they are on the same lines, and you can always drop subjects in year 12.

Good luck for the next 2 years.

P

pLuvia

Wow, are you guys allowed 14 units in year 11? Maximum was 12 units for us. But Good luck future year 11s :D All the best

vizman

HSC
yeh same its 12 units for us, or 13 units (one extentsion subject)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
fnkychk said:
It's just year 10...why do you HSC people get all nerdy about it? Does it impact on your HSC results/subjects/anything?
its not year 10 .. its year 11!!

and the hsc course continues on from the preliminary course (though; the marks don't count) so if you don't understand any of the prelim stuff; u'll be in a hard time for your hsc course!!

And hello 07's (hehe thats kinda funni .. lolXD 07 ); hope you all make the best of this year & enjoy yourself, relax; but not too much. this year will be in and out before you know it.. and you; yourself; will be the one studying in these holidays in preparation for the yr 12 hsc ;)

hehe. all the best and wishes to you all! godspeed and may the force be with u ! XD

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
shinji / d3sp said:
this year will be in and out before you know it.. and you; yourself; will be the one studying in these holidays in preparation for the yr 12 hsc ;)
Must you remind us of that? >.< I mean I'm screen sucking here...and now feeling guilty about it :p

King2

HSC
Im doing the following:

Advanced Mathematics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Advanced English
Physics
Economics
Business Studies
Studies of Religion 1 (Compulsory)

As you can see from the above, i'm more into the business side of things and i cant wait to get into it. I sound nerdy :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
airie said:
Must you remind us of that? >.< I mean I'm screen sucking here...and now feeling guilty about it :p
haha of course i must ;). i speak from experience .. hahah

-sigh-; how i wish i was back in kindie!!! >_<
learning how to cut out shapes ... painting .. ahh.
the good ol' times.

t'is always good to reminisce (sp?); as it always reminds u that u are in reality =].
everything seems too surreal. i mean
in like 10 months or so; i'll be sitting my hsc ... gawd >_<
then nxt yaer i'll be going to uni (hopefully)
4-5yrs after that; ill be going out into the big-bad world o_O''

ahh .... nothing like the surreal effects of life!

and airie; don't stress out in year 11. ur last bludge year. (though; make sure u understand concepts in class. as it will all be helpful in ur hsc. try to see the long-term effects of things [ unfortunately; i never did in prelim >_< ].

relax for now; u WILL be bombarded wi th assessments and assignments and all the like as the school will try to fit a 4 term course into 3 terms .. very painful!
and don't despair if you receive bad marks .. they don't count towards ur hsc mark (thankfully) but learn from ur mistakes.

@ kingz : yeh! w00t. business studeis. i like u already ;)
if you need ne help with it; don't hestitiate to ask me.

airie

HSC
Bwuahaha my last bludge year...I thought it's finished already :p

Yep don't you just wanna hop into a time machine and off you go :p My good ol' Year 7! Nooo! That was 4 whole years ago!! ... Actually more than that. Aaaarrrggghhh this is not good >.<

Eep. Hoping not to get anybad marks :S Haha I should try hard...instead of sitting here screen sucking :p Hmmm. So. Anyone wanna accompany me in copying out the whole French dictionary? :D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
airie said:
Bwuahaha my last bludge year...I thought it's finished already :p

Yep don't you just wanna hop into a time machine and off you go :p My good ol' Year 7! Nooo! That was 4 whole years ago!! ... Actually more than that. Aaaarrrggghhh this is not good >.<

Eep. Hoping not to get anybad marks :S Haha I should try hard...instead of sitting here screen sucking :p Hmmm. So. Anyone wanna accompany me in copying out the whole French dictionary? :D
lol.
it in a sense is a bludge yaer ... but now ur seniors ! you have to set out to be role models for the rest of the school!

thats what the teachers usually say at school when u come back. =/

good luck@ gotta go now!

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
I'll be doing

Adv Maths
Ext Maths
Adv English
Chemistry
Pdhpe
Legal Studies
Modern History

I really can't wait to start yr 11 because i love the subjects i have chosen but lately i'm begining to doubt legal studies and modern history

airie

HSC
shinji / d3sp said:
lol.
it in a sense is a bludge yaer ... but now ur seniors ! you have to set out to be role models for the rest of the school!

thats what the teachers usually say at school when u come back. =/

good luck@ gotta go now!
lol haha thanx for the heads-up on the teachers' speech ;)

gadbil said:
I'll be doing

Adv Maths
Ext Maths
Adv English
Chemistry
Pdhpe
Legal Studies
Modern History

I really can't wait to start yr 11 because i love the subjects i have chosen but lately i'm begining to doubt legal studies and modern history
Hehe lol same here, except when I give it a second thought I'm scared of French. And IPT. And Phys and Chem. Haha. Actually, I'm scared of all of them :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
airie said:
lol haha thanx for the heads-up on the teachers' speech ;)

Hehe lol same here, except when I give it a second thought I'm scared of French. And IPT. And Phys and Chem. Haha. Actually, I'm scared of all of them :p
hm.

chem is hard work& so is physics. Although; if you do some pre-reading and do the questions that your teacher assigned to you and understand each syllabus dot point.

french continuers .. wouldn't know coz i don't do french .. or any language. haha

IPT : prob one of my best subjects. came 2nd in it ( coz nearly the whole class is like erm. dumb! haha ). It's easy to understand and the pracs are teh best part .. haha :D

you don't really have nething to worry about unless your teacher is like a real 'dud' .. haha. like; your teacher doesn't teach nething properly.

P

pLuvia

Chemistry - Hard if you don't listen and don't do homework.

French Continuers - Didn't do French but did Japanese, revise every new vocabulary and structure you learn. During tests try to use as many structures as possible.

jeniii

HSC
wow 14 units.. i thought me doing 13 was heaps already o_O
this year im doing

2 eng
3 math
economics
physics
music
bussiness studies

x.X everyone says the subjects are soo different .. is that a bad thing. coz i duno wat i wana do yet so im trying everything. mite do 3 english (but im scared coz i think im too fob) and drop music since im definetly dropping it in year 12 anyway.

airie

HSC
shinji / d3sp said:
hm.
you don't really have nething to worry about unless your teacher is like a real 'dud' .. haha. like; your teacher doesn't teach nething properly.
Haha my computing studies classes in yrs9 and 10 had been a huge bludge :p and most probably, we're gonna get my computing teacher this year for IPT, since she's the head teacher of TAS x.x Well see, every day we just come into the computer room, sit down in front of our computers and do whatever we want :p She didn't teach much and she doesn't care what we were doing...as long as we got our projects done in time :p See once she even came in like 10min after class started (well no one cared, we were enjoying ourselves on our computers :p) and went, 'oh, it's so hot today, just sit there and do whatever.' and then she went out again. Then everyone was like, '...did she really just say that??' lol :p Someone even suggested to submit it as a quote in our yearbook, don't know if that made it or not though :p

HSC
My computing teacher for years 9+10 was kinda like that. At the beginning of year 9, he gave us work, and we did it, but by the end of year 10, we were playing games and checking our emails etc. every lesson!!

xtinkx

HSC
immm doingggg

Society n culture
English std
Maths Gen
Biology
Pdhpe
studies of religion( compulsory )

sooo excited yay...I wanna do nursing

dan_ster

HSC
I'm doing:

Maths Ext 1
English Ext 1
Economics
Legal Studies
Japanese COntinuers

Any 06's with comments on legal cos i wasn't sure whether to do it or not...

D

dzzlng_07

im doing
x advanced english/extension
x 3u maths
x phys
x chem

and im still juggling between bio and eco *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)