Which University is good for B Law/(something) (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Our transfer program is nice and easy, UAI isn't used and all you need is an above credit average from any course to get into our law course :uhhuh: (Internal transfer I mean) however its not as vital now our cutoff is 85.0

pete_mate

HSC
melsc said:
Our transfer program is nice and easy, UAI isn't used and all you need is an above credit average from any course to get into our law course :uhhuh: (Internal transfer I mean) however its not as vital now our cutoff is 85.0
but then the commerce side to my commerce/law degree wouldnt be as good.

im only looking for the law transfer for a little bit of spice to my commerce.

in other words, i want a career in commerce, not law.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Information on the calculations used when estimating your chances of transferring to law is available here.

ali2230

HSC
How is law at UTS for any law students there as I mentioned before in thread (i think) Im shopping around for possible graduate entry law degrees after finishing my business in FEB Im quite interested in the MLLP since it is a postgraduate qualification that allows for Legal practise if any uts students can tell me how it is. And if any1 else can tell me a run down on how it is to go to uni with a population larger than 1000+ wat the culture is like i hear stories of back stabbing and competitiveness, rarely seen in my studies at La Trobe Sydney Campus (small size of 323)???? thanks :D

jpr333

HSC
After reading enough babble about the viability of law course comparisons at such distinctively different uni's in terms of entry scores i have one point to reiterate (not doing law myself so more of an assumption based on my uni experiences in the economics and business faculty at sydney uni). Courses scale their mark distribution using a normal approximation. So generally i would consider any high mark in syndey law subjects MUCH more favourably than say at UWS. Think about it sensibly.

jpr333

HSC
Well for syd uni it depends on the transfer, if you're just dropping a degree in a double degree it's doable otherwise i think it needs to be done externally through uac (according to the sio).

Demandred

HSC
What are the chances of transferring to UNSW or Usyd at the end of second year? Close to zero?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
What are the chances of transferring to UNSW or Usyd at the end of second year? Close to zero?
You actually can't transfer to USYD or UNSW after more than 1 year of tertiary study, both universities have a specific rule against it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)