Who does every single question in the Cambridge textbook? (1 Viewer)

WEMG

HSC
Does anyone do every single question? Or do most of you just skip some so you do them later?

jyu

HSC
i'm from victoria
plz show a few questions from the Cambridge textbook

hscishard

HSC
A few of the basic ones, all of the development ones and I attempt all the challenge ones (unless it looks really mind blowing)

HSC
Uni Grad
i do very few of the foundation, every 2nd of the development and a few extensions if i feel like it

HSC
Uni Grad
I work backwards from extension section to middle of development section, I do 1/5 of every exercise.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Didn't one of you (i.e ohexploitable or hscishard) solve that on here before?

WEMG

HSC
Thanks for the input everyone!

Normally I do every question from basic to development and by the time I get to extension I am exhausted. I've always been hesitant on skipping the foundation questions because I am self learning and afraid I might not understand the basics. But I think I'm going to do what most people do and just do a few foundation ones, then all development ones and try and do all extension ones if they are 'do-able'.

HSC
I'm doing methods 3+4 and advanced maths... from the methods i do everything that looks hard or long, and all chapter review questions. I also do all questions under the topics that i find challenging.
When i find that i'm ahead of the course by a significant amount of time, i go back and do a great deal of questions as part of my revision - alongside with practice tests and worksheets.

With the advance maths cambridge one i do the same.

As the old saying, 'quality is more important than quantity'.

What kind of Cambridge books do you guys have??? mine doesn't have subheadings like yours do :/

Last edited:

WEMG

HSC
I'm doing methods 3+4 and advanced maths... from the methods i do everything that looks hard or long, and all chapter review questions. I also do all questions under the topics that i find challenging.
When i find that i'm ahead of the course by a significant amount of time, i go back and do a great deal of questions as part of my revision - alongside with practice tests and worksheets.

With the advance maths cambridge one i do the same.

As the old saying, 'quality is more important than quantity'.

What kind of Cambridge books do you guys have??? mine doesn't have subheadings like yours do :/
I think the VCE one is different from the NSW HSC one but they are both published by Cambridge.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I know one person who nearly does every question - only skips some of the really hard ones.

Most people skip the extension section lol.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I know one person who nearly does every question - only skips some of the really hard ones.
Although wouldn't they be better off skipping the easier ones, and focusing on the really hard ones?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Although wouldn't they be better off skipping the easier ones, and focusing on the really hard ones?
Yes, but the chances of those really hard ones even being considered to be placed in HSC exams are slim to none xD

So the amount of time one would spend on them is often unjustified. Oh and she wouldn't skip the easy ones because her memory isn't that great.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Never used Cambridge for MX1. Was Coroneos all the way for me, mostly because one of the good maths teachers at my school was a big fan of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)