Who got an offer for unsw med?? (1 Viewer)

>monkey<

HSC
hey everyonee .....so who got an offer for UNSW medicine?? wat were ur uai's and umat score if uz dont mind tellin :D

jang

is not my real name
HSC
>monkey< said:
hey everyonee .....so who got an offer for UNSW medicine?? wat were ur uai's and umat score if uz dont mind tellin :D
yo! im so happy.. i wanna be modest but i cant b fucked! WORD i am soon to be med student 2005 at unsw and JOICEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
my uai was 99.95 and umat scaled score was 180...
my friend got 98.7 or so with 195 umat n he got bonded place
fukn happy gl monkey

Kelvy

HSC
I got into med unbonded.....my UAI was 99.90, UMAT combined percentiles were around 210 i think :S But i dunno if that sthe UMAT score u want.....

Too bad I'll be going to SHITTY UNSW :S Sydney's so much better....

babo

HSC
aye people i got in too =) weeee
uai:99.6 umat: i forgot hehe

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Kelvy said:
You don't HAVE to accept the offer you know...

jang

is not my real name
HSC
babo said:
aye people i got in too =) weeee
uai:99.6 umat: i forgot hehe
sup l.a. congrats!
i guess i got 6 more years of u knocking my daggy clothes or my messy hair.
we are truly blessed.

>monkey<

HSC
so u guys that got umat 190+ did uz do ne prep courses or wat?? and wat kinda Qs did they ask in the interview ....how did uz prepare

btw im starting my hsc now so im tryn to scab tips coz i wanna get into med :p haha

inasero

Reborn
HSC
haha go to uni general>medicine forums and all your questions shall be answered!

nit

HSC
Kelvy's right. Nah, just kidding. I'm in the wrong forum aren't I? *waits to be targeted by unsw med cohort*

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
howdy guys.
congrats =)
welcome to the NEW COURSE.
i'll see ya this year.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
by "new course" do you mean "new course" or "new new course? :p Because, we all know what happened when UNSW implemented a new course ehe *waits to be flamed by yewon*

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Flamed is a little harsh. (Hi Yewon. You can flame if you want... )

Criticised maybe. But we wouldnt take it to flaming...

Um: so for those who dont know: what happened:
Anyone older than 1st year accused us of being lovy-dovy-touchy-feely-first-years, who will know nothing out of their degree, and will coast through with courses such as 'Communications' and the occasional lecture (usually on communications or ethical issues).

But we know thats not true, eh yw...

But what you first years 'can' look forward to is a nice new degree that focusses on more aspects of medicine than the older one did, integrates learning into scenarios, and has much fewer hours per week :)

And since its done in two year phases, you will have to put up with being in our classes. Yes: first and second years students in the same class... Don't know how thats going to work though...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i got umat score of 185 - percentile 257
uai of 99.65
interview of 90 mins

but no place..

oh well, i guess in hindsight 15 yrs of study would have been a bit too much, considering i don;t have that dying passion to do medicine. I had a superficial outlook on med that it was saving ppl, but the reality is vastly different.

GOOOD LUCK to all of you fellas
hope you all pull through

cheers

p.s. usyd is better

Melkor

i got in with a umat score of 189 and uai 99.05, and im over the moon :)

BTW whos going to the advising sessions in feb?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Fosweb said:
Flamed is a little harsh. (Hi Yewon. You can flame if you want... )

Criticised maybe. But we wouldnt take it to flaming...

Um: so for those who dont know: what happened:
Anyone older than 1st year accused us of being lovy-dovy-touchy-feely-first-years, who will know nothing out of their degree, and will coast through with courses such as 'Communications' and the occasional lecture (usually on communications or ethical issues).

But we know thats not true, eh yw...

But what you first years 'can' look forward to is a nice new degree that focusses on more aspects of medicine than the older one did, integrates learning into scenarios, and has much fewer hours per week :)

And since its done in two year phases, you will have to put up with being in our classes. Yes: first and second years students in the same class... Don't know how thats going to work though...
well mabbe it might work... i dun agree with putting yr 1 and 2 together.. but hey.. wait and see eh? :D

" lovy-dovy-touchy-feely-first-years"
icic so ure lik monash now ..... lolz cheapshot at wilson..
umm yer all the med schools are lik this tho..

wat happens if u fail UNSW now?

georgia86

I got an unbonded place with UAI: 98.85 and Umat score/percentile: 195/272

I am over the moon! See you guys soon :)

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
On failing:

The course has 4*8 week courses per year. You have to pass every course every year. If you fail a course (either because you failed the assignments or the final exam) there is remedial action. Fail assignment, i think you can do another one, and you have to pass that. Fail exam, there is a resit at the end of each year. You can only fail one course per year to be able to do the resit.

Thats what I understand anyway.

But to the 2004 Class people who got into UNSW med, you _could_ be in my class (HAHA) or Yewons class (this is what you really want.... heehee) or even in both (*hrmm*) if they dont split us up yw... But you (and we) wont find out about our new classes until 'after' your foundations course (which is really hard and stressful course to say the least. Sooooo hard.... and sooooo stressful [please back me up yewon])

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)