Who got their 1st preferences for tutorials? (1 Viewer)

pickle2005

HSC
Hey, did everyone get what they wanted? 2 of my subjects were through TPS and I didn't get my first preference for either. It sucks, I wish it was first in, I put mine in on the first day. If anyone has an Accy100 tut on 12:30 Mondays and wants to change...

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Ah, the joy of being from the Faculty of Engineering. With my tuts, as long as you get in as soon as enrolment times are open, you end up with your first preference.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Without Wings said:
so i have to go 3 days instead of 2 grrr...)
Major grrr at arts and commerce people with bludgy timetables. I have to go 5 days, just as I've had to every semester.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't even bother going for tutorials that are full. If my original 1st preference gets full I make it my last preference and move the rest forward. That way I always know what I am getting.

I didn't get either of my original 1st preferences. One of them ended up being cancelled and the other had 88 people going for 22 places so I didn't bother going for one of them. But I think I have the better timetable now anyway.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Massive screw up. I didn't get my 1st preference for MARK217 even though there were about 20 free spaces because it clashed with my MGMT200 lecture. Because TPS knew about both of them it wouldn't let me do it and allocated me my 3rd preference (because my 2nd one also clashed with the same lecture). My 3rd preference also clashes but with a different subject that TPS doesn't know about.

Unfortunately the only 8 tutorial times I can attend all clash with a lecture or lab of at least one of my other subjects so I deliberately made it clash with the easiest most boring thing I could. The person I emailed better change it.

santaslayer

HSC
Yay, shit timetable. Have to go Mon, Tues, thurs and Fri.

Had NO choice for Friday subjects. All possible classes were scheduled on Friday. Fark.

Aussiechick

HSC
I got all my first preferences, after a scare where I thought I was going to have a tute and lecture overlapping with no choice in the matter, they opened up the tute I wanted after all.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I'm Monday and Tuesday evenings, and Friday. Total of 6 hours a week :D

powerhouse

HSC
when u have two different subjects clashing, what do u do?

can u go to any lecture u want or the one u stated?

i have a psych121 tutorial at the same time as an accy100 computer lab

iamsickofyear12

HSC
powerhouse said:
when u have two different subjects clashing, what do u do?

can u go to any lecture u want or the one u stated?

i have a psych121 tutorial at the same time as an accy100 computer lab
You can't have clashing tutorials and labs because they are both compulsory. If you don't turn up to enough of them you can fail the subject. You can only miss lectures.

You have to change one of those times so they aren't clashing anymore.

powerhouse

HSC
well i used tps for commerce and TPAS or something for psych

the clash is between psych121 tutorial and accy100 complab

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you want to change the time for your commerce subject first in mode opens tomorrow at 10am in the same place where preference mode was before.

For the other one you might try going back to where you enrolled in the first place and seeing if you can change it there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)