Who has atar expectations which they dont think are attainable? (1 Viewer)

willstylz

HSC
pre sure i'll get bashed by my PDHPE and IPT teacher if I dont get band 6 :\

WorryWartCob

HSC
i just want to break down crying.

i put in every effort possible.

and i will be lucky to hit the 80's.

i was reaching for that 85.
but i will probably barely get 75.

:(

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^School rank?

And yes, mine is prob unattainable.

To person who said 99.65 to do law cause their dad said to, Dude you're almost an adult, do what you want to do and tread your own path to greatness.

Aclipse

HSC
lol

my mom doesn't even know what subjects i'm doing

and my dad doesn't know what is the "HSC"
I had to explain it to him the other week

but other then that, teachers and stuff are expecting high 90s

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
lol

my mom doesn't even know what subjects i'm doing

and my dad doesn't know what is the "HSC"
I had to explain it to him the other week

but other then that, teachers and stuff are expecting high 90s
lololol okay then.

i think my parents have kind of given up on me

i'd be ok with mid-low 99s tho. was aiming for 99.7 before haha -> 100% out of reach

Chrissiee

Frost Yourselves
HSC
stupid school told my parents my estimate was 97 and now they are expecting it. ill be happy if i just get over 90 which still seems too farfetched. stupid hsc.

HSC
Most of my friends believe I will get a 95+ ATAR. Unlikely when I look at my situation realistically.

Yes, my ranks are all in top 5.
Yes I do mid-high scaling subjects, (including 4 unit english, legal, bio and ancient his) But my school is ranked 200 (even though my current year is APPARENTLY much stronger than the previous years) and I'm only getting an average of 85 in my subjects.
If i compare my marks to students in other schools who are getting like 98+, I'm nothing. Although, there is always the rare chance that my school is assessing my grade on a higher difficulty...improbable.

So I'm hoping for about 90 ATAR but I in all likelihood, I will probably end up with an ATAR of 85-90.

HSC
I've wanted to do law since Year 8 - 99.65 + (UNSW/Usyd)

My ATAR estimate from school was... 99.5-55. I think I'm going to fuck up externals... I ain't going to get into the course basically.

I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY FUTURE ARTS DEGREE (in which I'll transfer through to law).

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
my schools ranked in the 170s and all my family friends reckon i'll get maximum 90 (bad impression of me cause they never see me study lol)
Im aiming for 97 soooo idk, seems IMPOSSIBRU now

1234567890cam

HSC
its sad all you people are talking about how much your parents influence you.

2011_

HSC
its sad all you people are talking about how much your parents influence you.
True, I feel for them. My school and lots of people I know seem to think I'm going to get a bunch of band sixes and therefore an ATAR over 90. Personally, I'd be happy with 85 and shocked if I got much over that.

Entity

HSC
Most of my friends believe I will get a 95+ ATAR. Unlikely when I look at my situation realistically.

Yes, my ranks are all in top 5.
Yes I do mid-high scaling subjects, (including 4 unit english, legal, bio and ancient his) But my school is ranked 200 (even though my current year is APPARENTLY much stronger than the previous years) and I'm only getting an average of 85 in my subjects.
If i compare my marks to students in other schools who are getting like 98+, I'm nothing. Although, there is always the rare chance that my school is assessing my grade on a higher difficulty...improbable.

So I'm hoping for about 90 ATAR but I in all likelihood, I will probably end up with an ATAR of 85-90.
My school is ranked 517th, im looking for an 86.5. NOPE.JPG

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I've wanted to do law since Year 8 - 99.65 + (UNSW/Usyd)

My ATAR estimate from school was... 99.5-55. I think I'm going to fuck up externals... I ain't going to get into the course basically.

I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY FUTURE ARTS DEGREE (in which I'll transfer through to law).
rofl

p.s. the cut-off's gone up every year in the last several... ff lol hard if it goes up again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)