Who Hates People Who Study All The Time And Never Have A Larf (2 Viewers)

emilios

HSC
Gonna go against the status quo here.

Studying is important. Education is important. We're on a forum that's dedicated to studying so I'm pretty sure we all recognize that.

With that in mind however, I think we all know THAT guy. You know THAT guy? The guy that studies all day, every day. All he can talk about is studying. When he's not a ball of stress, he's usually seen just generally being apathetic toward everything. Never goes out, never enjoys himself. If you don't know that guy, you probably are that guy. Don't be that guy. Believe me, they exist (girls too).

'Asian Dad' rhetoric can be pretty toxic sometimes. Yeah I study almost every day as well, but really what's the point? "Good career good pay raise a family" blah blah who cares, I know tradies that make more money than I ever will in my life.

enoilgam

HSC
Why is it any of your business what other people's priorities/goals in life are?

Definitely don't get why there should be any hate.
I'm with this, if people want to do well and achieve something, then that really is their business and good for them.

In saying that though some people really just cant get their shit together with study. Like, a mate of mind planned his 21st on a Friday early in June (uni exams are in mid-late June) and so many of my friends complained about it because they needed to "study for exams". Even though it was close to exams, I dont think it would have been that much of an issue to have one night off to celebrate a mates birthday. Like, fair enough one of my mates works almost full-time, so he is pressed for time as it is. But for many of the others, it was just poor organisation and procrastination that was stopping them from taking the night off. I remember going out for a whole day with friends a few years back despite having exams over the next two days. I knew about the day from a week before and I just planned my work around - I dont really see why people made such a big deal about it, especially when it was on a Friday and they would have had the weekend at least to buffer them.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Well i neva... old lozza himself!!!
sup?! U got ur English AT5 done yet?? :0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)