WHO HERE is a SINGER or IN A BAND??? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm curious....

What's your band called?

Do you write your music? Given a few breaks here and there? Any gigs?

Or you're hoping to get it all set up soon???

If you want publicity, here is the place......

I use to be in a band called "Beautiful Sickness". That was ages ago... Still writing music. I plan to do it professionally at the Con, both classical and a bit of my "own" style. I sung and played piano at Macquarie Shopping Centre once, not a gig, we kinda just took over the piano. Next time you go there and see velvet rope all around the piano on the ground floor, they did it because of me....

I got a good crowd though. :D

Last edited:

Dynamix

North by Northwest and then turning slightly East
HSC
ive played in plenty of bands, and geting them up and runningf is thwe hardest thing about it- im actually working backstage stuff atm, a bit of a change, we are hiring out the palais in newey in january for a gig (quick plug, get there, going to be big, have some big names as well as new locals...) . So yeah, done heaps, was in this jazz/ ska/ whatever band called monochrome zebra, we went off... if theres any bands needing gigs in newcastle, ive got 2 set up- one in december and one in january, pm me,w e have sony and sanity sponsorships for about 10 grand. Big events.

Auto Wah

yeah, been in a band, play guitar. don't have a name but played at the Suburbs and house parties.

the lead singer sucks and the drummer can't play his instrument properly, stuff up on a gig so i quit the band.

Auto Wah

Dynamix said:
yeah, that can be a bit of a problem when your band sux, but im curious, how can someone NOT play the drums properly? are they comatose (sorry dude, but ud have to be, serious)?
the drummer is really a show off you see, but he's skill is shit, he beats it too fast some times, doesn't keep the beat. So i'll be playing my guitar in 4/4 time signature then the drummer hits the clash before way before i hit the "landing notes" then everyone in the band will crumble.
The audience are pretty pissed off when we keep fucking up because of the drummer. I couldn't take it any more so i QUIT. The singer tried to do this acdc, guns n roses type of singing. But he just couldn't do it properly it sounds aweful

Dynamix

HSC
thatd shit me right off the charts- i thinkk id go all "the who" on him and wreck a guitar (or horn in my case) on his head- i hate drummers who cant keep a beat- its all they ahve to do, they dont have to worry about notes liek veeryone else! The thing that gets me about singers too (yes im having a bitch session, im a stage manager, im allowed to) is that they all think that A) they are the centre of the universe, B) their vocal chords are invinvicble and C) they are musically intelligent, which is rarely the case.

Auto Wah

yeah singers needs to practise more on singing intervals and octaves, their movement can be secondary. A singer needs to have the charima on stage but as well make sure he's singing the correct notes. Like the singer guy from Eskimo Joe, he's voice fucks up a lot when he's doing live, and all he ever does is just stand there. That kinda shits me! move around the fucking stage if you can't sing, and have eye contact with the audience. Or look right above their headline.

Dynamix

HSC
im no genius on singers or what they should do, cos when i sing cats and dogs run for cover- but what pisses me off working backstage is when a singer is off and they look at the crew as if to say, "well fix it!". I had a huge bust up after a gig i was working when a chick that was singing shithouse accused me off doctoring her sound to make it worse- she had kicked out her foldback and couldnt hear it, and i wasnt running onto stage in the middle of a packed palais to plug it back in. She reckoned i was trying to make her sound bad- i just said she couldnt sound any worse than her acoustic voice was anyway and promptly told her i was never working with her again. Her band dropped her and kept me on. The band now hasd a recording contract with Shock Records.

Auto Wah

Dynamix said:
im no genius on singers or what they should do, cos when i sing cats and dogs run for cover- but what pisses me off working backstage is when a singer is off and they look at the crew as if to say, "well fix it!". I had a huge bust up after a gig i was working when a chick that was singing shithouse accused me off doctoring her sound to make it worse- she had kicked out her foldback and couldnt hear it, and i wasnt running onto stage in the middle of a packed palais to plug it back in. She reckoned i was trying to make her sound bad- i just said she couldnt sound any worse than her acoustic voice was anyway and promptly told her i was never working with her again. Her band dropped her and kept me on. The band now hasd a recording contract with Shock Records.
nice man, how you get the job? You need any qualifications?

Dynamix

HSC
working backstage? just did it htrough school and worked with mates bands after school at different venues- i have the qualifications of a leprechaun but a cuople of years experience and i charge mates nuhtin, so they love me running shows, even if my girls (i prefer to work with girls backstage, oddly enough, not for the usual reasons either) do charge a carton of cruisers per night. Its awesome fun, and the buzz goes heaps longer than any band perfromance, especially if theres like a multi band gig on, like we r putting on in 3 weeks.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i wana be in a band. i like to think i can sing. i can somewhat play bass.
and drums are fun aswell. but i prefer bass.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
im from north wollongong.

i go to the youth center a fair bit. they have free band nights every thursday. and they always have wanted posters and stuff for bands and stuff. but the only thing, i dont own my own bass. i have an acoustic . . . but i want a bass. but i dont have money. thats why im not in a band.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
hehehe go bass players!
just go get a cheap ass one from a second hand music shop or something, then join a band and earn your way to a brand new sparkling bass :D
i'm in one and the singers annoy me coz they're always gigling and being stupid and it annoys me. people shouldn't naturally be that happy.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
okies, that was harsh... i love them to bits, but they don't sing half the time, they're always mucking around and sometimes it's good fun but it tends to get a little annoying when "instrumentalists" are trying to play songs they're supposed to sing...

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
im telling ya, its too much weed that makes them laugh n giggle.

yeah, im actually thhinking of getting a cheap arsed bass n amp n work my way up from there. i need a job first . . . my mummy wont buy it for me.

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
im a singer..id love to b in a band, i can do alot of different voices, from high to low..etc

Jase

HSC
I'm in a two man band called "The Two Man Band" okay.. I lie.

I'd rather be in a band with all my friends rather than with accomplished musicians. Music is fun, and music with your friends is even more fun, even if they can't play instruments....

Yeah I'm one of those 'singers' who put themselves into a false net of security and convince themselves that they sing like Jesus. You know.. like those crazy people who audition for idol, and have honest expectations of becoming idol with their tone-deaf singing.
But i need a guitar or piano to keep me in tune..

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
in from tamworth and during the tamworth country music festival im getting a temporary band together consisting of anyone who wants to do something and we are gunna rock out the main street with our talentless stylings... i think we have 4 guys who can play guitar and a guy who can play the bongoes, and 3 people like me who cant do anything... should be interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)