Who is ready for yr 11? (1 Viewer)

ilikebeeef

HSC
agreed
even if you worked really hard in year 10, you still need to work 5x harder in year 11 just to make up
LOL you think year 10 is bad?
year 11 is a billion times harder. I did nothing all year in year 10 and managed to get mainly band 6s in the school cert. This year, i've worked SO much harder yet my results arent nearly as good as they were in year 10. Careful what you wish for guys
cheers Year 10'ers. It will be the best year of high school before the HSC starts, that is
u guys are gonna enjoy year 11.
it was the best year ever, academically, socially, etc

I'm missing it
I even miss sport.
year 11 is seriously not that important
I did well in Year 11 and I feel as if it was all a waste
+1

but I think for your year, you guys have multiple choice in your Maths syllabuses. How that sucks! I'm glad I'm doing the "old" maths syllabus
Maths multiple choice would be disgusting.

actually i just want to be in year 10 living it up!
at my school, yr 11 is a HUGE step up, so they tell me
i dont particularly want to fail ext math and english gahhhh
Lol eng ext was hell for me. It has even more work than Eng Adv - I'm glad I dropped it. If you don't want to fail, then study! :)

Does anyone get free periods?
I do. Not many though.

6 more weeks and School cert and everything ends!!!!!
Can't wait!!!!!!
I'm TOTALLY excited for year 11!!!!!!!
That's the right attitude. :)

simply put... no ... i know the work load changes massively!
Yes it does but you get kind of used to it. And you will think year 11 was easy when you're in year 12. At least that's how it is for me.

How many of you are doing 3 sciences? Havent really come across many who are. I am :)
People say that I won't be able to handle it ._.

But really, Science is my favourite subject which was why I picked all three of them.
I do all 3 sciences and I love it. Year 11 bio and chem was easy so it was manageable.

We're a year away from Year 12.

I dislike this realisation.
Haha.

'Who am I?'
You are... you. You make yourself you.

I guess I am just scared of losing my security blanket. Of jumping into new classes with bitches and not having my best friend to turn to when they think it will be fun to treat Michelle like shit for the day.I've never really needed to move out of my comfort zone. I've never needed to prove myself. I've never needed to have that sort of independence. I was quite happy leaning on them and vice versa.
Resilience is the key? We are/have been/will be chucked out of our comfort zone sometime, it's inevitable in life.

Can't wait just hope i can do chem :)) the workload isn't going to be fun though :(
The year 11 Chem workload is low imo. VERY low. I'm not being sarcastic.

I'm NOT ready for ANYTHING at the moment.

I just want to hide under my blankets away from the world for a few weeks and I'll see how I feel.
Dw everyone's in that situation. If you have problems, ask your teachers asap, make sure you know the syllabus then you'll be fine. Just enjoy your holiday for now.

I wish I was excited. This is (potenially) a big change in our lives and I don't wanna miss out.
Maybe the excitement will kick in later. :)

Last edited:

klaris

HSC
ilikebeef:

thanks but it isn't that easy. I so so wish it was.

NewiJapper

HSC
Yr 11 was exciting. School was actually interesting with my subject lol I felt more mature too, its weird but people in year 10 seem to mature lots of the summer holidays. Well...at least at my school they did.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL.

It's not the same.

I can't believe in ONLY 2 years we'll never have to go to high school again. I can't get over the fact that we are on the brink of finishing high school. In year 7 it just seemed like a million years away but now in about one month, we'll be wearing our awesome senior shirts, have frees and etc.
LOLS oh yeh! senior shirts AND skirts :D

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL. We don't have senior skirts unfortunately, it'd be nice to change my whole uniform.

:eek: you don't have senior skirts!? awww.. at my school, the senior skirts are waayy better than the juniors :p OH btw you took off your sig :( looked better before LOLS definately caught my attention. hahahaa

Last edited:

Schoey93

HSC
+1

Maths multiple choice would be disgusting.

Lol eng ext was hell for me. It has even more work than Eng Adv - I'm glad I dropped it. If you don't want to fail, then study! :)

I do. Not many though.

That's the right attitude. :)

Yes it does but you get kind of used to it. And you will think year 11 was easy when you're in year 12. At least that's how it is for me.

I do all 3 sciences and I love it. Year 11 bio and chem was easy so it was manageable.

Haha.

You are... you. You make yourself you.

Resilience is the key? We are/have been/will be chucked out of our comfort zone sometime, it's inevitable in life.

The year 11 Chem workload is low imo. VERY low. I'm not being sarcastic.

Dw everyone's in that situation. If you have problems, ask your teachers asap, make sure you know the syllabus then you'll be fine. Just enjoy your holiday for now.

Maybe the excitement will kick in later. :)
Chemistry is easy correct. Maths multiple choice is easy, wrong. Maths multiple choice actually takes more effort than free response as there are similar answers there (2 of them) one right and one wrong, to trick you

I think making Mathematics Adv easier (General ALWAYS has had multiple choice) is a good thing. And the draft syllabi for Math Adv + Ext 1 + Ext2 are actually more clear, organised and succinct (despite a slightly longer page count but wth) than the older syllabi.

It was time for a change and the Board did a good job for once. Only CONICS-LOVERS will be sad about MX2

And if you love maths so much; why don't you LEARN BEYOND THE SYLLABI!!!:jump:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
:eek: you don't have senior skirts!? awww.. at my school, the senior skirts are waayy better than the juniors :p OH btw you took off your sig :( looked better before LOLS definately caught my attention. hahahaa

WAHH?!!!

MY SIGNATURE WAS REMOVED!

I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE LMAO!

I'll change it back but make it less big.

LOL
"Signature removed for being too bloody big"

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
LOLS
@ klaris: makes me even more hyped and excited with all the talking! :)
@ ipodnano: LOLS yes make the word more colourful. hahahaa

ilikebeeef

HSC
Chemistry is easy correct. Maths multiple choice is easy, wrong. Maths multiple choice actually takes more effort than free response as there are similar answers there (2 of them) one right and one wrong, to trick you

I think making Mathematics Adv easier (General ALWAYS has had multiple choice) is a good thing. And the draft syllabi for Math Adv + Ext 1 + Ext2 are actually more clear, organised and succinct (despite a slightly longer page count but wth) than the older syllabi.

It was time for a change and the Board did a good job for once. Only CONICS-LOVERS will be sad about MX2
Lol I didn't say maths multiple choice is easy anywhere in my post...

BUT. People can just guess answers correctly. People who didn't put any effort into learning their stuff can get more than 0% in the test? That's unfair. I also doubt that the multiple-choice system would prepare people for uni. Multiple choice is for primary school kids...

What?? Why would you make Maths Adv easier? If you're not good at 2U, then do General.

And if you love maths so much; why don't you LEARN BEYOND THE SYLLABI!!!
??? Um, I'm fine with the amount of maths 4U has to offer so far... lol

Last edited:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
LOLS
@ klaris: makes me even more hyped and excited with all the talking! :)
@ ipodnano: LOLS yes make the word more colourful. hahahaa

LOLLOLOLOLL!

It's gotta stand out even more now that BOS has taken it off.

;)

Schoey93

HSC
LOL. I'm the queen of excitement. I get pretty much excited about anything whether it is food (which is very exciting)LOL, exercise to burn off the food (also exciting), formal and YEAR 11. I have been waiting for year 11 since I started year 10. ;)
Stephanie is your last name Thaux? :/

Anyhow, good on you for being excited. Don't be too stupid in Year 11:spin:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
u dont need to be ready for year 11. its like year 10, except you get to do the subjects you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)