Whoa! Should I be worried? (1 Viewer)

Mustafa Mond

Hey everybody, I'm new to the board and I was just looking at the amount of work some people said they've done in class, especially with the issues of historiography and case studies and I'm suddenly worried that my class is way behind or focusing on the wrong material.

We have spent the vast majority of our time so far on our case study (with only a cursory look at the book of readings). We're doing the Crusades as a case study and spend nearly all of time looking at the primary medieval sources on the event and analysing them in terms of historiography. However we have done no work on how interpretations of the event have changed over time and the main debates today to do with the crusades (and with the trials in a few weeks!) . Has anyone else doing ancient/medieval case studies had the same experience? Is this alright or am I royally screwed? I have done a bit of independent research to address these problems on the internet and now have a rudimentay understanding, but I don't know whether this will be sufficient.

So should I calm down or start panicking? Any advice appreciated. Thanks,

Mustafa Mond

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Don't panic! Talk to you teacher and see what they have to say. Express your concerns to them, and hopefully they'll guide you in the right direction. If you still feel unsure, I'd say have a good look at the book of readings, and for the stuff on the crusades, try the HTA website, and see if they have any publications on it. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)