whos a Green Day fan? (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
there songs are just brilliant. technically infaliable

/end sarcasm

yeah three chords was alright at first.. but after awhile im just like FUCK off..........

slip

HSC
a greenday ecard released by warner the other day said to watch out for dates in december. i hope they dont annouce this/go on sale for ages cause i have no idea where i will be in decemeber

meanwhile...bob dylan once said all a musician needs is 4 chords and somethign worth saying....

need i say more?

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
In a way, they are still expressing themselves through politically minded songs such as american idiot.
They may feel strongly about the subject and find that it needs to be expressed to their fans.
Live8 is similar in a way to this aswell...
everything is made political these days, nothing is safe from politicians!

sweetXinsanity

HSC
Argonaut said:
I'm not keen on them. Early stuff like Warning was half-way decent, but their latest stuff like American Idiot is just under the influence of political ideology. Music shouldn't be about politics, it should be about expressing yourself rather than trying to stop someone getting elected or helping them.
They dont really name any people in their songs...
except Bush, but he doesnt count coz hes melodically attacked by many artists.
So really they arent affecting elections at all...

HSC
i'm not really a big fan of GD, but i do like a few of their songs.

but GD > simple plan any day of the year.

sweetXinsanity

HSC
I agree, while Simple plan are good..they still give me the vibe that they are just noobs with good luck atm

sweetXinsanity

HSC
Argonaut said:
They were going around America and perofrming their songs at anti-Bush/pr-Kerry campaign sites.Live 8 was different, mostly because it was designed to bring about awareness of poverty. While it was an appeal to G8, it wasn't a direct attempt to interfere with politics. If anything, Live 8 was very positive as opposed to Green Day performing at the demonstrations.
Well maybe that an exception :p
or maybe they were just there for entertainment..
Anyways the argument was the content of their songs not the venues in which they perform them.
And about Live 8, yes i agree that it is a more positive achievement, and the message was a more powerful one that was meant to for more powerful people and was aimed higher and for more important reasons as apposed to pitiful little election campaigns. :)
however in my opinion and my opinion alone, there still is a similarity no matter how small the connection...

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i am not really a green day fan but i do like a couple of their songs such as wake me up when september ends, boulevard of broken dreams and are we the waiting

sweetXinsanity

HSC
their good to chill out to..
i like to listen to the more rock ones when i drive... im one of those people u see when u stop at traffic lights singing at the top of their lungs to their radios :uhhuh:
most people wind up their windows and lock their doors :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
I'm not keen on them. Early stuff like Warning was half-way decent, but their latest stuff like American Idiot is just under the influence of political ideology. Music shouldn't be about politics, it should be about expressing yourself rather than trying to stop someone getting elected or helping them.
Early stuff would've been 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours or Kerplunk :)
mr_brightside said:
there songs are just brilliant. technically infaliable

/end sarcasm

yeah three chords was alright at first.. but after awhile im just like FUCK off..........
I wouldn't wave around technicality with a nickname as mr_brightside ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)