whos doing medical science?? (1 Viewer)

spiderdragon

take the total number of people doin science.....- ~ 40% for general science....10% for the other....n u'll get a pretty general idea :p

seriously, it's lik every 2nd person I talk to is doin med sci......

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
104 students are doing first year medical science.
80 doing second year medical science.

dafidav

HSC
im doin med sci first year

survivor where did you get the figures?

btw, lookout for me, i always have a black shoulder nike bag with 6 badges stuck them which i got from the poster sale on campus :p

say hi if you want, i want to make some new friends!!!!

HSC
hey..mayb i saw u on the bus...i remember seeing a dude with a row of badges on a black bag

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
j4x0r said:
*shudders at BSSM2220*
*shudders at BSSM1110* :D

hey, what is wrong with BSSM2220? please don't tell me it's worse than 1110... 1110 is bad enough :(

suteki

ahhhh i want to change already.. im getting sick of med science.. in particular stupid chem.. been spending my friday arvos getting drunk at the roundhouse..><

suteki

HAHAHAHHHA.. . .. *eew. a doctor ><.. omg theres soo many med science students

suteki

Survivor39 said:
*shudders at BSSM1110* :D

hey, what is wrong with BSSM2220? please don't tell me it's worse than 1110... 1110 is bad enough :(
whats wrong with BSSM1110?

suteki

aww sweet.. more english ^^ hahaha im doin two hpsc courses in first session woo!

dafidav

HSC
med science at unsw suk ass

when do we get to do some real med science not just this maths/science crap that we are doing currently

like i wanna be disecting stuff, usyd ppl are doing that already

and what you mean there are so many wanna be doc in med sci, i've talked to about 20 ppl in med sci and only 2-3 want to be docs

i certainly dont want to be a doc

and i wouldnt call 104 ppl in 1st yr med sci a lot

look at b.sci :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
dafidav said:
med science at unsw suk ass

when do we get to do some real med science not just this maths/science crap that we are doing currently

like i wanna be disecting stuff, usyd ppl are doing that already
This is what first year is all about. EVERYONE in science, whether you do enivromental science, marine science, or medical science, you do chemistry, maths, and biology. This is because different people have different abilities in these fundamental areas of science and maths. It would be inappropriate for you to get straight into, say, Microbiology and Biochemistry courses in first year because not everyone did Biology, and chemistry in high school. How do you expect someone, may be not you, to study gram-postive and gram-negative bacteria when they are not even sure what is the difference between a prokaryotes and eukaryotes?? Or how can you learn about the catalytic reaction in proteins when one doesn't understand what are the main constituents of protein?? I know from doing second year now, how valuable it is to learn chemistry and biology in my first year.

I was once a first year med science student and I know what you're thinking. but this is only the beginning of your scientific discovery and you can't expect everyone to know the basic of biology. But let me tell you this, second year is 100 times better than 1st year!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
By the way, you will dissect a toad and a rat in second session. USyd just do things the other way around :D it's the same thing. It's just basic biology. They can't do microbiology or biochemistry, physiology etc until the second year.

j4x0r

HSC
med science starts to get better in second year, i'm currently in third year and majoring in physiology and pharmacology and i love it :D

oh survivor, BSSM2220 is much worse than BSSM1110, 2 essays worht 50% each as a final assessment...how can it get any worse

dafidav

HSC
omfg!!!!!!!!!!!essays!!!!!!!!!!!

i never wanted to see them again after high school

arrggggggg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)