Who's doing pharmacy this year? (1 Viewer)

nchoy

HSC
-::Sanni::- said:
Oh! Bonus points!!! I did apply for something like that. Mine was because I lived in a rural area --> smaller/no competition --> small library, i.e. poor resources --> and the fact that my year was really small and not many of them wanted to go to university....actually only a couple of them wanted to go....SO the majority didn't try that hard.... T_T

EAS = Educational Access Scheme???
You kind of guranteed to get into CSU pharmacy. I just hope I will be accepted too.

-::Sanni::-

HSC
nchoy said:
You kind of guranteed to get into CSU pharmacy. I just hope I will be accepted too.
Did you apply through the PREP scheme? I did, that's how I got an early round offer.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
Oh! Bonus points!!! I did apply for something like that. Mine was because I lived in a rural area --> smaller/no competition --> small library, i.e. poor resources --> and the fact that my year was really small and not many of them wanted to go to university....actually only a couple of them wanted to go....SO the majority didn't try that hard.... T_T

EAS = Educational Access Scheme???
yeah thats what it is. I applied for rural disadvantage too- yep it stands for educational access scheme :)

nchoy

HSC
Did you apply through the PREP scheme? I did, that's how I got an early round offer.
No I am situated in Sydney Metro so once again, not eligible for PERP

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
nchoy said:
No I am situated in Sydney Metro so once again, not eligible for PERP
i dont think u need to be from rural area for PREP. it was just an early entry scheme where you had to have school/the principal's endorsement, write a personal statement & attach school reports to prove that you could succeed at uni.

nchoy

HSC
kristydolphins said:
i dont think u need to be from rural area for PREP. it was just an early entry scheme where you had to have school/the principal's endorsement, write a personal statement & attach school reports to prove that you could succeed at uni.
R u sure? I thought I have read somewhere that it depends on where u live. Anyway, it is too late for me now, isnt it. Plus I am not really that bright a student and I dont think my headmaster will do that for me haha

-::Sanni::-

HSC
nchoy said:
R u sure? I thought I have read somewhere that it depends on where u live. Anyway, it is too late for me now, isnt it. Plus I am not really that bright a student and I dont think my headmaster will do that for me haha
Aww...what! Don't say that! XD It's the headmaster's duty to find the strengths of students for things like the PREP and if they don't then they're just damn cruel! :mad1: Plus your studies isn't the only thing that's important! In the essay you had to write why you wanted to do the course and community activities that you've been involved in, and I think work experience too.

LOL! In my essay, I think I did something really stupid. I put down that I was really planning on doing Medicine eventually...which was so not necessary! XD <== Of course I only thought of that after I handed it to my teacher.... X_x

PLUS you have a pretty good UAI. I think if you were in the low 80's you would have been in trouble but to be just in the 90's is good! ^^ Remember the cut off for pharm this year at CSU is 80.7 There'd be HEAPS of other people with a UAI lower than yours. Also, I've noticed that (in the rural area) students who get UAI's in the high 90's usually choose to study the Veterinary Science course.....so yeah.

If I am unsuccessful in comforting you, just know that I tried and that I had full intentions to! XD

nchoy

HSC
Aww...what! Don't say that! XD It's the headmaster's duty to find the strengths of students for things like the PREP and if they don't then they're just damn cruel! :mad1: Plus your studies isn't the only thing that's important! In the essay you had to write why you wanted to do the course and community activities that you've been involved in, and I think work experience too.

LOL! In my essay, I think I did something really stupid. I put down that I was really planning on doing Medicine eventually...which was so not necessary! XD <== Of course I only thought of that after I handed it to my teacher.... X_x

PLUS you have a pretty good UAI. I think if you were in the low 80's you would have been in trouble but to be just in the 90's is good! ^^ Remember the cut off for pharm this year at CSU is 80.7 There'd be HEAPS of other people with a UAI lower than yours. Also, I've noticed that (in the rural area) students who get UAI's in the high 90's usually choose to study the Veterinary Science course.....so yeah.

If I am unsuccessful in comforting you, just know that I tried and that I had full intentions to! XD
Thanks! I have no problem with my UAI. I am quite happy with it considering I had stuffed up big time with my school assessment.
I just hope that I could get into pharmacy, period.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
nchoy said:
Thanks! I have no problem with my UAI. I am quite happy with it considering I had stuffed up big time with my school assessment.
I just hope that I could get into pharmacy, period.
even if u dont get into pharmacy straight away, u can always try to transfer after a year.

as long as u try ur hardest, u will be able to do pharmacy in one form or another (maybe even master of pharmacy course).

plus u will definitely get into csu if its ur first pref

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
kristydolphins said:
even if u dont get into pharmacy straight away, u can always try to transfer after a year.

as long as u try ur hardest, u will be able to do pharmacy in one form or another (maybe even master of pharmacy course).

plus u will definitely get into csu if its ur first pref
Problem with transfer is that you lose a yr, and that be 5yrs total

i'd rather stick with 3yrs med sci, then take on master's +2yrs though they're offering only 10CSP or you can pay full fee like 25K/yr

but then there's also the obstacle of the gamsat and case scenario's

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
Deltan said:
Problem with transfer is that you lose a yr, and that be 5yrs total

i'd rather stick with 3yrs med sci, then take on master's +2yrs though they're offering only 10CSP or you can pay full fee like 25K/yr

but then there's also the obstacle of the gamsat and case scenario's
i am also thinking of alternate pathways into pharmacy.
would i be better off doin Bscience instead of Bmedsci because it is easier to do better? or would Bmedsci be better coz its more suited to pharmacy?

ikDG

HSC
I did my stat early and I only got 155. Should i re-do it to 'secure' my place since the pass mark is 150? Do they judge it on your performance in the hsc as well as the stat?

danz90

HSC
ikDG said:
I did my stat early and I only got 155. Should i re-do it to 'secure' my place since the pass mark is 150? Do they judge it on your performance in the hsc as well as the stat?
Whether you get 155 or 195, it doesn't matter. As long as your STAT score is 150 and above, then your UAI is really the determining factor.

What UAI did you end up getting, if you don't mind me asking?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
kristydolphins said:
i am also thinking of alternate pathways into pharmacy.
would i be better off doin Bscience instead of Bmedsci because it is easier to do better? or would Bmedsci be better coz its more suited to pharmacy?
it depends where your interest is at. My friend did med sci, really enjoyed the course that he rejected an offer from pharm usyd lol

I was just using Bmedsci as an example, i wouldnt say its more suited as you can pretty much transfer into pharm with any degree provided you maintain a distinction but if you think you can get that in Bsci, then go for it.

ikDG

HSC
im an 09er, my hsc is this year *sigh*

btw, how did you find out about how the pharm stat system works? :S

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
it doesnt matter. as long as u got over 150, it doesnt matter what score u get.
a score over 150 just means that u are eligible for the course. u are then ranked by uai

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
ikDG said:
Stat's are valid for 2yrs, and i would re-do it if you think you don;t have a chance for pharm next year or planning to transfer.

150+ secures you a position provided you pass the cut-off uai or unless your planning to be a vet, then that's a different story i guess

danz90

HSC
Hey, have you guys checked out when you would be enrolling for BPharm @ USyd? Check out using this Enrolment Finder

I would be enrolling at 28 Jan 9-10.30am

ikDG said:
im an 09er, my hsc is this year *sigh*

btw, how did you find out about how the pharm stat system works? :S
lol, gosh i'm so dumb I didn't notice.

danz90

HSC
I just found out:

2009 Undergraduate fees for BPharm @ USyd have dropped! They are now $6011, dropping from around $7416 last year. Must be becoming more of a national priority, so government contributions have increased.
Good News!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)