Who's doing what in Semester 1, 2007? aka The Stalk-Me!!! Thread (2 Viewers)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
L_RES88 said:
Does anyone know the rules of deferring? I'm looking to get overseas in the 2nd semester, but since that isn't 100% certain, i've enrolled in both semesters. Anyone know if I can still pull out after census date without them counting as fails/have to pay for them??
The census date for second sem is different to the census date for first semester (roughly a month after sem2 starts i think). You should have plenty of time to make the decision to defer if your going overseas or not.

Last edited:

havy

HSC
accg310
accg323
busl301
mktg101

14cp in semester 1...all of sudden so much more work to do!

have anyone done accg310 and 323 in the same semester? if so, is there any advice/tips on time management?

CieL

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
The census date for second sem is different to the census date for first semester (roughly a month after sem3 starts i think). You should have plenty of time to make the decision to defer if your going overseas or not.
Is there such thing as sem3?

CieL

HSC
^ Weird.. why are you in the MQ forums.. dont you go UTS?
*stares at your sig*

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
boredom
enough spamming for me at club mac

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
CieL said:
Is there such thing as sem3?
funny how i read that as sem 2
i think he meant sem 2, but '3' does exist for handbook purposes and it refers to the full year
edit: big mistake, i corrected it :p

Last edited:

Miss Daisy

HSC
N/A
havy said:
accg310
accg323
busl301
mktg101

14cp in semester 1...all of sudden so much more work to do!

have anyone done accg310 and 323 in the same semester? if so, is there any advice/tips on time management?

ACCG323 isn't really that heavy, I found. It's mainly theory (apart from the last few weeks) so just attending lectures and doing some reading if you can, is enough. But I do better in theory-based subjects, so if you don't, then I'd advise you spend more time on it. The practical components aren't that difficult - just a few steps to memorise, the tutorial questions and exam questions are identical to the lecture examples.

I did ACCG323 with ACCG253 and spent more time on ACCG253, purely because I'm crap at finance and it took me a while to understand it.

I did ACCG310 with ACCG250 and I failed 310. Spend hours on 310! Unless you find it easy and can answer tute questions without referring back to the book or examples, that is.

It just depends where your strengths are as to which you should spend more time on.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Ling253 (The English Language)
Ling316 (Second Language Teaching)
Frn370 (French Translation) or Ling321 (Anthropological linguistics). I don't know which one to do yet!

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MAS 390
MAS 307
MAS 309
maybe MAS 300 unlikely

X

xeuyrawp

AHST363: Egypt in the Old Kingdom,
AHST362: Methods and Techniques of Egyptian Archaeology,
(Whatever code is): Coptic II,
(Whatever code is): Advanced Coptic Texts,

Possibly AHST310: Archaeological Field Work so I do research on Luxor excavations before I go. Otherwise I'll do it in 0108, it's just a mid-sized essay to be handed in at the end of semester...

Looking forward to sem 1 08, though:

- Introduction to Hebrew,
- Introduction to Late Egyptian,
- Ramesside Documents,
- Egypt in the 18th Dynasty. *dances*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)