Who's doing year 12 again? (1 Viewer)

The Agent

HSC
zizou10-5 said:
hey i want to repeat yr 11, what do u guys think of dat, bcos i wasn't hppy with my subject choices? Parents pushed me a bit n i did it for hsc one term, i don't like studying what i don't enjoy.
Well that is a little better than repeating the whole HSC.

I would say go for it.

You can do you HSC over 5 years, so if anyone asks just say you're doing pathways.

Bijs

HSC
Who wouldn't wanna repeat the most exciting, entertaining year of serious awesomeness of your life?

*runs for the hills*

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
zizou10-5 said:
hey i want to repeat yr 11, what do u guys think of dat, bcos i wasn't hppy with my subject choices? Parents pushed me a bit n i did it for hsc one term, i don't like studying what i don't enjoy.
Eeek, don't repeat year 11 its a waste of time!

If you really, really hate a couple of the courses you are in/desperately want to do a different course then do Pathways instead. That way you can keep the HSC subjects you want to do, drop the ones you dont and pick up the preliminary courses you want. Then you can complete the rest of your HSC in 2008. Still, just remember that you'd be stuck in school an entire extra year after all your friends have left and gone off to uni etc.. so really think carefully about it. You don't want to get to the end of next year and regret your decision.

Look at it this way, lots of people get stuck with courses they don't like, but you only have to get through 3 more terms of them before its all over! That time will fly by and then after that it wont matter what subjects you did.

Optophobia

HSC
zizou10-5 said:
I repeated year 11 and it was (and still is) painful. I got dumped into a group of the lowest form of shit ever to walk to the planet (ie. the class of 2005). Worst mistake ever. If there's a chance that the same thing could happen to you, then don't do it!
It's more than just repeating year 11.. it's stalling for 1 year.

-------
To thread maker:
There are other better ways into your course, especially if you can get into the university of choice. Transferring is easier if you are actually in the university. Do a shitter course first then transfer. It even gives you a chance to:

- get advanced standing (if you choose a course with electives)
- improve your rank.

zizou10-5

HSC
yeh my subs that it hat are ls and studies of religion, the thing is i spend 0 hours on it, i mean zilt. So the test is like ihave to write 10 pgs for so n so question. I won't even be able to write 1/2 a page lol no jk, cos as i said i hate it. If i do pathways u still need to do substantially in the subjects u dropped?
Y didn't my principal tell me this, i wanted to drop it and take another subject.
plus if i repeat one yr i will do lower units i won't do 3 unit maths but do 2 unit, pick up one science subject and drop legal for pd which i really wanna do but school didn't let me. The rest of the subjects i already have notes for. So it'll be bludge?

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It will be a waste of a year or more. Pay attension in class, learn the stuff and finish the HSC next year with what you have. As said the HSC is a means to an end you are just ment to get in and out not stay forever.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
zizou10-5 said:
yeh my subs that it hat are ls and studies of religion, the thing is i spend 0 hours on it, i mean zilt. So the test is like ihave to write 10 pgs for so n so question. I won't even be able to write 1/2 a page lol no jk, cos as i said i hate it. If i do pathways u still need to do substantially in the subjects u dropped?
Y didn't my principal tell me this, i wanted to drop it and take another subject.
plus if i repeat one yr i will do lower units i won't do 3 unit maths but do 2 unit, pick up one science subject and drop legal for pd which i really wanna do but school didn't let me. The rest of the subjects i already have notes for. So it'll be bludge?
It will by no means be a bludge. Instead of just one year of having to work really hard and put in everything, you will have 2 years of the HSC and it is stressful and very tiring! That is if you are really serious about wanting to do well. Plus, PD/health is not exactly an easy dont have to bother subject. You do need to put in a lot of work and hard study for it, regardless of how smart you are. I finished it last year. The science courses also involve a lot of work, even if you already have notes. Also doing a mix of preliminary and HSC subjects isn't easy either, half yearlies at different times, having to go into school during your HSC half yearlies and trials... etc.

After doing Pathways I would not recommend it, unless you have absolutely no choice in it like I did. If you're not able to motivate yourself to at least listen in class and study for religion just because you don't like it then you're going to have a hell or a lot of trouble motivating yourself when you're entering your second year of the HSC right after you've finished your exams, while all your friends are finished and off to schoolies. It really isn't fun to watch them graduate without you. You don't get a break in between HSC year one and year two, its just straight back into assessments, exams, hard work and pressure.

So don't make a decision while thinking it will be a bludge, because it will be the exact opposite. It would be a whole lot easier if you actually started putting in effort to the subjects you don't like, I'm betting that if you ask any HSC student there will subjects they're doing that they don't like and wish they hadn't chosen, but its not worth another year of school. Your principal probably didn't tell you this be they see how pointless the whole thing is.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
don't repeat year 11. sprinkles is right. just grit your teeth and put in the effort even for the subjects you hate, come out next year with fabulous results and a uai that will let you do what YOU want. it will be worth the pain. the only only reason to repeat (and even then i dont recommend it) is if you absolutely HAVE to do a subject for the course you want at uni.

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
i seriously recommend you reconsider your decision. nothing in the world is worth doing the HSC again for....you will regret it.

emsid

HSC
are you insane??? i wouldnt go through that sh*t again if someone paid me!! sounds like your in the same situation as me, i'm only gonna get low 80's - about 10 points lower than i need!! but u dont do the hsc again!! u get into another course, work your arse off and hopefully transfer into it later, or you could do a course than do the one you originally wanted as a post grad, but never ever the hsc again, thats just ridiculous!!

jaaaaay

HSC
omgsh???
redo 12?
80???

u r srsly crazy... o_O
=P

omgsh... i should really show my friend this page...
that'll make him reli depressed lol - his uai was 44 and he's not even repeating... doing a tafe thing... that will lead him to uni later or something... haha i say don't repeat =]

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
MOst of u arent even reading what she said correctly.
She has already done her HSC, but wants to repeat, And start again in 2007. BUt in doing so, it would mean she would be starting at the 2nd term of year 12, [becuase the 1st term of year 12, is technically term 4 of year 11]
If i get below 90 i think i will be repeating as well.[*TOUCHES WOOD FRANTICALLY!*] But ill reconsider that as the year progresses, year 12 might be an experience i never want to repeat.
Ive spoken to coordinators about it, who say that research shows that those who repeat often to worse because they get bored so easily etc.
Im sure theres stats somewhere.
And im in agreeance with the advice here, just do a course and transfer...
[which makes me hypocritical... bah!]

iPud

HSC
OMG! Repeat year 12 because if you don't get a UAI of 95 you will be deemed a loser and a failure and will have to live on government handouts for the rest of your life. Your life is over!

Madddie.

HSC
ARE U COMPLETELY MAD?
How many braincells did you drink int o oblivion on Schoolies????????????????????????????????????????
do it again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

.... no one could pay me enough.... dont you remember hopw stressful it was?
hopefully this being an old thread you DID get the UAI you needed, or the cut off went down...
but if not there are so many other ways to go as listed by previous posts

fishy89sg

HSC
pritnep said:
Also once you redo the HSC whatever you get the 2nd time around that's what will count.

you sure??? i thought they count your higher marks

T

Testpilot

Madddie. said:
ARE U COMPLETELY MAD?
How many braincells did you drink int o oblivion on Schoolies????????????????????????????????????????
do it again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

.... no one could pay me enough.... dont you remember hopw stressful it was?
hopefully this being an old thread you DID get the UAI you needed, or the cut off went down...
but if not there are so many other ways to go as listed by previous posts

Using big font makes my opinion important!

Punctuation M

HSC
N/A
To the original thread starter, best off getting into uni first, then transferring after one year of full study.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
mid way through yr 12 i could see how someone could possibly think about starting again after a few bad assignments, but come on, who in their right minds would want to relive those final 2 months of sleepless nights cramming away, that sick feeling you get when you think about upcoming exams, sitting in the exam room and trying to write 50 words a minute as you recall pages upon pages of information, that sickening feeling of knowing you probably stuffed up somewhere.

i had a series of reoccuring nightmares that the HSC was still not over for weeks after i had finished my final exam. i would very much prefer to go to TAFE (alot of courses require you to have finished your HSC, if that makes you feel like the last 2 most stressful years of your life werent worth anything) than have to walk into the same school with the same teachers with a new, but slightly familiar year group and probably get asked about 3 dozen times "so.....why you still here again?"

do a transfer from a similar course, or do some research on alternatives, im pretty sure theres other ways to get into Law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)