Who's going to UNSW? (the first post in the UNSW forum) (1 Viewer)

Mill

HSC
Originally posted by SkAnDi
Go go go actuarial studies.

B Comm (Actuarial Studies), anyone else here a co-oper??
They wouldn't give me a co-op interview - let alone the scholarship. May or may not have had something to do with the fact that I filled the form out the night before :) Not to worry. I think I prefer the Comm/Sci double degree.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
if you are given a co-op scholarship you can only do a single degree such as commerce (act. studies) and can't take on a double degree.

SkAnDi

HSC
I'm still thinking of my scholarship as... getting paid to do that 10 weeks work.

If i think of it this way, it's not as good, but kinda justifies the money and the experience!

SoFTuaRiaL

wonder y they dont have co-op offers for software / computer engineering .......... surely they are more popular than something like telecommunications. is it coz there really arent any top software companies based in syd?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by anti
Yes, Ultimate, but you get paid. :D
yeah the pay is good something like 12 grand a year, I applied for a Co-op scholarship but didn't even get an interview.

The thing is for someone like me who doesn't really know what I want to do later, such a defined program wouldn't suit me I guess.

Mill

HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
if you are given a co-op scholarship you can only do a single degree such as commerce (act. studies) and can't take on a double degree.

Exactly. That's why I'm not upest I didn't get the co-op as I wanted to do a double degree.

SkAnDi

HSC
Originally posted by Mill

Exactly. That's why I'm not upest I didn't get the co-op as I wanted to do a double degree.
I'm not too fussed either way, if my single degree isn't too my liking, i'll just do a masters in whatever i want later on!

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
BA BSc. (Med) MB BS

how's everyone finding transport to UNSW? Mine's a nightmare...I want to move out!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Weisy
BA BSc. (Med) MB BS

how's everyone finding transport to UNSW? Mine's a nightmare...I want to move out!
If you have to go via train and bus I can understand, for years I've been looking at the long lines of UNSW students waiting for the bus to central :D.

I live 15 mins away by bus, 10 mins by car :cool:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
BA BSc. (Med) MB BS

I will have to go bus-train-bus, urg!

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
oooh...lucky. can I move in with you?

I went to uni for an experimentation week last week and worked out it takes me anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours travelling one way...

The most frustrating thing is that we used to live in kensington, about 5 mins away from the uni, and then we moved, further and further away from the place...Mum used to lecture there too, but last year, just after we moved, she resigned...

*tears hair out*

kini mini

HSC
oooh...lucky. can I move in with you?
Of course ;)

I went to uni for an experimentation week last week and worked out it takes me anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours travelling one way...

The most frustrating thing is that we used to live in kensington, about 5 mins away from the uni, and then we moved, further and further away from the place...Mum used to lecture there too, but last year, just after we moved, she resigned...

*tears hair out*
Kensington would be perfect hehe! Except that it's not a very nice place to live IMO, if you don't mind me saying so ;).

1.5-2 hours one way is terrible - hope you don't have any very early or very late lectures. Out of kindness to my fellow law students I picked morning classes since I live so close and am a morning person anyway :D.

Part of the reason I live where I do is the convenience to schools, uni, and buses :). My parents had good foresight, luckily for me :cool:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I come from the north shore by train and I must say peak hour morning trains are PACKED TO THE TEETH! I almost got crushed by the doors as I squeezed into an already overcrowded train at Chatswood - needless to say, Ive tried to select all morning tutorials :rolleyes:

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

Of course ;)

Kensington would be perfect hehe! Except that it's not a very nice place to live IMO, if you don't mind me saying so ;).

1.5-2 hours one way is terrible - hope you don't have any very early or very late lectures. Out of kindness to my fellow law students I picked morning classes since I live so close and am a morning person anyway :D.

Part of the reason I live where I do is the convenience to schools, uni, and buses :). My parents had good foresight, luckily for me :cool:
I'm not naive enough to hold you to that...although i wish I were...:p

I live in the hills district...it takes about 30 minutes to get from the bus stop to the train station, because everyone is on the road, and EVERYONE gets up at 6:30am to get ready for work. It's insane because there's no train station round my area, and most families have 2-3cars.

mondays to wednesdays I start at 11am, thursday and friday at 9am. unfortunately i don't finish till 5 or 6 most days...but then again...I'm a med student taking 5 extra hours of arts subjects every week...so...

kini mini

HSC

I'm not naive enough to hold you to that...although i wish I were...:p
LOL! Well, we are extending the house, ask me again in 12 months ;) :D

I live in the hills district...it takes about 30 minutes to get from the bus stop to the train station, because everyone is on the road, and EVERYONE gets up at 6:30am to get ready for work. It's insane because there's no train station round my area, and most families have 2-3cars.

mondays to wednesdays I start at 11am, thursday and friday at 9am. unfortunately i don't finish till 5 or 6 most days...but then again...I'm a med student taking 5 extra hours of arts subjects every week...so...
If I were you I'd look at moving closer...there are lots of apartments in Kingsford/Kensington, with any luck the rental market will go off the boil :). I don't think I could take that much work AND the travel time.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by kini mini

LOL! Well, we are extending the house, ask me again in 12 months ;) :D

If I were you I'd look at moving closer...there are lots of apartments in Kingsford/Kensington, with any luck the rental market will go off the boil :). I don't think I could take that much work AND the travel time.
haha, I shall. Thankyou for the thought. :)

ideally...I want to invest interest-only in property over there, then I can rent-share with others, pay off my interest, and watch as my invetment grows...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)