whos going to wagga? (1 Viewer)

soxrow

HSC
Hey everyone,
I am already at wagga, just starting my 2nd year doing a B Business (Accounting/Legal Studies). I will be living on south this year too and brad, its much better than main because the rooms are actually big enough to walk in lol but I'm sure it has its benefits. Anyways, congrats to you all and ope you all enjoy first year.
Cheers,
Sean

Fade33

Hi, im doing B Business (Accounting) in wagga and hopefully staying on campus in a cottage. I am doing it part time because i got a accounting cadetship with one of the local firms.

Courtney

HSC
I got in to wagga wagga for Bachelor Med science...is it a good course? i got 2 offers and am still not sure yet...

za man

My friend lives in bankstown, so he would have to move to wagga (on campus) if he decides to accept his offer to do nuclear medicine technology.
He was stressing out about paying for on compus accommadation.

So i just wanted to know for on campus accommadation, do you have to pay weekly (how much is it for a week) or fortnightly or for the whole year in a lump-sum or is it covered by some sort of governmant benifit.?

Also how are you ppl goin to wagga goin to get there of O-week, if by train are you goin with your perants or have CSU organised some sort traveling arrangement for students going to O-week?

Last edited:

thebigwillie

im going to wagga aswell..guna be doing bachelor of education (technology and applied studies) See ya all there;)

rochellez

HSC
I'm off to Wagga, I got an early offer into BA in TV production. I missed out in the early round for accomdoation, so I've got my fingers crossed for the main round. I'm trying for both on campus and south. It doesn't bother me which, just as long as I get one.
za man go onto the CSU website and look at the accomodation page, its got all the prices listed on there for the different types of rooms, I think you can pay it both fortnightly or in a lump sum.
See you guys there :)

za man

yeah thanx

for thoses of you going by train to the O-week at wagga
its $78.10 for economy $111.10 for first class

Journey time: 6hours, 6 mins

Sydney Sun 20:43
Wagga Wagga Mon 02:49 (too early in the morning to arrive i believe)

Journey time: 6hours, 11 mins

Sydney Sun 07:43
Wagga Wagga Sun 13:54 (too early to arrive, unless you have some where to spend the night)

Information from countrylink

bex

HSC
woah!! thats pricey!!! is that a concession fare? cause when i check the countrylink timetable for bathurst fares it always comes up as $45 economy but for a student its only $16

thebigwillie

do we have to go to O week? Its a MUST isnt it? My wanker of a friend reckons we dont have to go at all..Hmmmm :confused: , prove him wrong plz like i did :uhhuh:

za man

how do they give out the accommodation places at wagga wagga?

is it by the person who lives furtherest away, gets first choice?

that would be better i reckon, for us living in sydney

suss

za man said:
how do they give out the accommodation places at wagga wagga?

is it by the person who lives furtherest away, gets first choice?

that would be better i reckon, for us living in sydney
i don't think it is. Wagga send u a pamphlet wif a student name n pin...n u hafta apply online.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
typical sydney sider thinks the world revolves around them... its random unless u live remotely, (sydney isnt remote) your indigenous, disability...

za man

a simple ans would of done it brad, no need to get offensive, its not my fault i live in the city.

anyway who has recieved their password and Id yet?

Fro

HSC
accomodation is done by a random ballot - cept for circumstances that brad mentions
bigwillie - your mate is dull - im pretty darn sure that o week is a must
if not for the uni then for urself!
O week rocks
Have fun

mishka

HSC
N/A
my friend's going to wagga for info tech or something... she'll be applying for accommodation :)

za man

Fro said:
accomodation is done by a random ballot - cept for circumstances that brad mentions
bigwillie - your mate is dull - im pretty darn sure that o week is a must
if not for the uni then for urself!
O week rocks
Have fun

a random ballot aye, quess i have to keep my options open just incase i do not recieve an on campus accommodation.

megsy86

HSC
Wagga rooms?

Hi all, just wondering if any1 can tell me about Wagga campus ie. what 2 bring on O week (is that everything I'll need until the easter break?), what i'll need to bring for a room, what aren't u allowed 2 bring (are you not allowed extra furniture, a tv?), and i've heard its cold so is an electric blanket an option? etc? plus does it get that hot that i'd need a fan? I am thinking about self catered (hopefully a cottage) but i haven't got my login/password in da mail yet. Thanx.
Plus if i opt 4 package 1 is there much storage space or am i better off with package 2?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)