Who's ready for Year 11?! (2 Viewers)

Magical Kebab

HSC
lol year 11 was a joke. All the teachers look down at year 11s and devote their time to the year 12s. I guess all you can do in year 11 is try what study methods best work well for you, and learn those foundation topics well.
Though you have your own opinion on this and may work for you, I don't recommend anyone to tackle year 11 with this sort of menatlity because everyone says to still be consistent with your effort. But it I a time to find out what works and doesn't I guess.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Yr 10 student here so it could be irrelevant for you guys, but starting to hone your exam techniques by now would be the best method to give it your best in the HSC. Also, consistency now = easier adjustment in year 12. Don't waste your whole yr 11, but remember, yr 11 is your 2nd last year to enjoy high school.

Education is priceless and a wonderful thing, so keep that in mind. I thoroughly enjoyed my year 9 English class and I came out of it not just studying the modules and fulfilling the stage 5 syllabus, but legitimately enjoying the works of Shakespeare. So make sure you ENJOY all that you're learning and try not to get so stressed on the marks.

Eg155

HSC
Yr 10 student here so it could be irrelevant for you guys, but starting to hone your exam techniques by now would be the best method to give it your best in the HSC. Also, consistency now = easier adjustment in year 12. Don't waste your whole yr 11, but remember, yr 11 is your 2nd last year to enjoy high school.

Education is priceless and a wonderful thing, so keep that in mind. I thoroughly enjoyed my year 9 English class and I came out of it not just studying the modules and fulfilling the stage 5 syllabus, but legitimately enjoying the works of Shakespeare. So make sure you ENJOY all that you're learning and try not to get so stressed on the marks.
Thanks for the encouragement! :)
But this ^ is easier said than done :L

bleakarcher

HSC
Extension 1 Maths isn't hard to learn but the exams are quite difficult in some schools (like Sydney Girls sets easier papers while Sydney Boys sets harder papers). Having done Basic Algebra (absolute values, 3U inequalities, etc.), Functions (graphs, odd/even functions, domain & range, reciprocal graphs, etc) and Trigonometry at tutor so far, the exams have been quite hard and time consuming (I'm also a slower and careful worker so I usually just finish on time). Unlike 2U (where you can copy and paste your formulae), 3U really requires you to know how to approach questions. 2U and 3U content are easy to learn (to an extent) but applying your knowledge to the more difficult questions is quite challenging.
I mean the basics of Calculus (differentiation and even integration) for me was quite easy to learn by just reading Maths In Focus sheets which shows how the content can be learnt quite easily. Exams, however, will be challenging!
I agree and disagree with this. For the majority of the 3U candidature it ain't going to be easy to learn, you may just be the minority. The majority would have to spend a good amount of time studying mx1 i.e. trying to understand the concept, maybe not in year 11 but in year 12 definitely. However, I agree with the fact that to be successful in 3U you not only have to be accurate but quite fast as well.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Thanks for the encouragement! :)
But this ^ is easier said than done :L
Meditation helps! I know a number of people in my grade who actually meditate and they even do it before yearly and half yearly exams at Grammar. (myself included)

Maybe before you guys do any exams, try to close your eyes for like 5 mins, take deep breaths and just listen to the sounds around you.

Last edited:

inJust

HSC
Year 10 was a joke. Year 11 was semi-joke. I start year 12 on monday and I hope I'm still laughing by the end of hsc.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I start school on Monday :cold:

Having to have to share the area with the Yr 11s...but the first day is quite casual, I have half the day off helping the Yr 7s around and explaining timetables :)
But it being my last first day back DOESN'T make it any less unbearable. Getting up early, oh the pain!

Eg155

HSC
I start school on Monday :cold:

Having to have to share the area with the Yr 11s...but the first day is quite casual, I have half the day off helping the Yr 7s around and explaining timetables :)
But it being my last first day back DOESN'T make it any less unbearable. Getting up early, oh the pain!
same- Monday :L :O
Oh but that's going to be a tad fun! Feeling all superior to the year.7s haha . ...gosh, i remember year.7, the seniors were so scary! Oh well, always hated junior school -.-
Be the mentor they look up to, because i know you're heaps nice! Always wish I had a nice mentor to show me the ropes instead of being thrown into the deep-end :'(

GOODLUCK LHS! State ranks all the way :D

Eg155

HSC
Meditation helps! I know a number of people in my grade who actually meditate and they even do it before yearly and half yearly exams at Grammar. (myself included)

Maybe before you guys do any exams, try to close your eyes for like 5 mins, take deep breaths and just listen to the sounds around you.
sounds do-able...before school so no one judges...new school on monday... :L what awaits? :\
which school do you go to?

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Ahh, Sydney Grammar. Very close to Hyde park in the City if you know that :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Lol at Year 11s thinking they are screwed haha.

You guys haven't learnt the proper definition of that word yet...

dr cookie

HSC
yeah i'm devoed that i didn't get the subjects i wanted... stupid timetable.

so I think id rather be sitting in aus history or even SCIENCE (shudders) than ancient history..

may the force and the pythagoras be with all of you fellow BoSers, who too, will fail at least one subject in 2012. (ancient.. grr.. or maybe 2unit.....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)