• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

Duffman0

Kick ass, chew bubblegum.
HSC
Are you saying that because someone is poor they are not responsible for thier crimes? Or because someone is mentally ill?
Are you unfamiliar with the insanity plea? The mentally ill are given special consideration when it comes to crimes they commit, as they have not commited them out of a controlled desire, but instead driven by their illness and unable to prevent the crime.

And John - those are all various theories, theories being the key word there. They are just theories because at the moment, there is not enough evidence to substantiate a definite claim between the two factors. Correlation and causation are yet to be irrefutably linked.

I don't dispute the fact that poverty is but one single factor in the commiting of crimes, but I do dispute the fact that it is the only factor. Also, I can almost assure you that if the entire world's money was split evenly amongst every member of society, that the entire world functioned like one big communist organisation, that there would still be crime. Some people are not content being even with others - they need to be better. Some people are not content with being content.

Last edited:

4theHSC

HSC
I find it ironic how people on this forum attack other religions, then take the defensive approach of "oh I hate people re-enforcing their beliefs on me", load of garbage when you see the amount of people hating on religion. Though I'm not entirely religious, I do believe in the tennants and values that are brought about by my beliefs, and yes people I know all about the science bla bla bla...

To be honest, basing your beliefs on a theory that has loopholes in itself and cannot be exactly varified, as well as not doing your own research on what religions brings forth is what ignorance is all about. There are many questions about atheism that most of you can't answer... like the origin of the big bang theory and by origin I mean how this significant amount of energy came to place... Stop asking for the hand of god to come down and tell you, hey you fucker I'm hereI exist, and start looking for answers...

birdy17

HSC
Classic: If you know you're going to lose, go for the draw.

no i didn't think i was going to lose i think in this debate it's not possible to lose, just as it's not possible to win... its almost a permanent stalemate. i was merely pointing out that the aarticle made some very good, and valid, points.

you disagree?
did you even read the article??

lankmeister

HSC
Christianity is targeted simply because it is the most popular religion in the world. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. :hammer:

Colonel.Burton

HSC
I am merely asking that atheists understand there are more faiths out there to attack besides Christianity, and i believe solely provoking Christians is a sign of ignorance.
stop being a wuss and suck it in, what would jesus do, damn god fearers

banipal753

HSC
stop being a wuss and suck it in, what would jesus do, damn god fearers
Thank God not everyone thinks like you, great mentality mate

go say to Gandhi, dont be a wuss suck it in, dw that your people want independence.

or try saying to Malcolm X, dont be a wuss, dont worry that your people are oppressed

Im doing precisely what Jesus would do

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
The things is: Christianity and Catholicism is the two religions that force itself on people in Australia. We have the Baha'I temple in Warriewood or Mona Vale, whatever you like to classify it geographically but they don't force themselves upon people.

Example: Scripture in schools. Why the fuck do we have it? I sure didn't want to learn about it. Religion is something you believe in. Reiterate, something YOU believe in, not what 1 billion or so people believe in. Keep religion for electives.

I must agree with OP, athiests do attack Christianity at sometimes, most of that time they are trolling. However, if a good debate arises, the only reason why we atheists attack you is because you have to no real answer. It's like on the internet, when someone says they won $1 million dollars. Who the fuck is going to believe them if they didn't have proof? If you can't prove the existance of God without the conclusion of "The Bible: It's God's word" then you are basically like anorexic people, vomiting away your food for thought.

ay0_x

HSC
Because on this website the majority of people think the other 2 abrahamic religions ie judaism and islam are so obviously wrong that they do not need mentioning.

Also because Christianity is the most popular religion in Australia.

unni91

HSC
The reason for the lack of aggressive opposition to religions such as buddhism and Hindhuism is due to its flexible nature. Hindhuism is a flexible religion as we do not state that those people who sin must plead forgiveness. we spread the word of tolerance and empathy. This is not done by certain christian religions even though Christ's greatest message was one of love and peace. For religions such as Islam atheists cannot actively protest against the religion due to rules governed by their society. Christianity has atheists because christian countries are usually democratic in nature and its people have a large amount of choice.

AngryTortillaan

HSC
N/A
The reason for the lack of aggressive opposition to religions such as buddhism and Hindhuism is due to its flexible nature. Hindhuism is a flexible religion as we do not state that those people who sin must plead forgiveness. we spread the word of tolerance and empathy. This is not done by certain christian religions even though Christ's greatest message was one of love and peace. For religions such as Islam atheists cannot actively protest against the religion due to rules governed by their society. Christianity has atheists because christian countries are usually democratic in nature and its people have a large amount of choice.
fuck there is so much wrong with this post.

Hindu extremism and so prevalent in India (Ball Thackary) that biggest opposition party to the current congress party IS A FUCKING RELIGIOUS ENTITY FOUNDED ON AND STILL RUNS ON HINDU NATIONALISM. The founder of the party recites quotes form hitler's white nationalism dogma's. fuck your a stupid child.

need2study

HSC
The reason they target Christians is because this country is run by a Christian government, despite the supposed "separation of church and state". Yes, we understand that there are many religions in Australia, but none of them influence our legal system or way of life as much as Christianity does.

Christians expect us to respect their faith but they don't respect our belief in rationalism. A prime example of this is gay marriage. Ok, we understand YOU don't believe it is right, but why force that belief onto people who think otherwise.

Why should we (atheists) live according to YOUR belief system.

Hope this helps you see our side of things.

HSC
You still don't understand the difference between a theory and a law, do you?
actually yes i do, but my understanding of it is different.

yes there are aspects of natural selection that can be proven to be scientific fact. but natural selection in itself isn't a scientific fact because it cannot be proven definately.

think about it. evolution doesnt have to work the way it does. there are still uncertainties about how genes and dna work etc.

what im basically trying to say is that evolution by natural selection isnt like how gravity works. you throw something in the air (within the limits of the atmosphere), it must come down. with evolution...hmmm not quite sorry.​

even if u say otherwise, you are wrong unless you can explain everything without any doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)