Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Mathematics is based on axioms we humans made ourselves. Many axioms, such as in Euclidean geometry have very little practical purposes in the rest of the Universe, particularly in cosmology. What makes you think that other axioms on which cosmological mathematics is based on is necessarily 'correct'?

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
I don't think anyone has said religion is wrong. I think you'll find the majority of us support religion in a certain context; i.e. that it's kept out of state affairs, that it's kept out of the public schools and that it's kept off my fricken front door step on a Saturday morning.
I understand what you're saying here, so could you explain what you meant here?

I don't feel any truth beyond myself and I don't find anything particularly amazing about humans that should warrant such a belief. We're an abhorrent species, tbqh and the fact that 6 month old babies can get raped and tortured while your benevolent God looks on sickens me to the point of no return.
I'm not calling this a contradiction btw

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Mathematics is based on axioms we humans made ourselves. Many axioms, such as in Euclidean geometry have very little practical purposes in the rest of the Universe, particularly in cosmology. What makes you think that other axioms on which cosmological mathematics is based on is necessarily 'correct'?
Sure, but mathematics is a human-derived descriptor, a syntax really, of what actually exists. What's your point?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Nah Im calling stupid cunts that because they are stupid fucks not because they are christian. Also while many christians may not be bigots, it is still a part of the major churches and has been throughout history. Also not once have I said "all christians are bigots." Infact I havent talked about individuals at all. My logic is not faulty. These are inherent parts of the doctrines of the religion.

Also insulting is not oppressing. There is no atheist doctrine saying that we should condemn gay people. Or no agnostic bible saying that we should kill africans because of a refusal to accept contraception. Or a humanist koran saying that we should censor what is watched, listened to, read or played, by adults.

Edit: You asked me to comment on what I thought was the religion, then you dodge it by saying "just because the church says that, doesn't mean it is what christians are like." What the fuck? get some consistency. If the church does not represent christianity then what does? Being nice to your neighbours and not killing people isn't a uniquely christian concept.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I understand what you're saying here, so could you explain what you meant here?

I'm not calling this a contradiction btw
Wrong thread and out of context.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to contemplate the idea that there is a God, I would still reject this God given the above circumstances.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Dear everyone,
Believe what you want to believe.
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16)

OP doesn't want people to be damned. :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Man you cunts are fucking dumb. I dont think anyone of us has said we attack christianity because it's theistic, btu rather because it DOES have an effect on our lives when it shouldn't.

If you believe the moon is cheese yeah sweet as bro. If you believe in god likewise. But when you say "YOU CAN'T END THAT COWS LIFE BECAUSE IT MAY ONE DAY PRODUCE CHEESE, AND CHEESE IS WHAT MAKES UP MY MOON GOD!" And then that became the motherfucking law, then I'd be annoyed. See the difference?
I dont understand this criticism. We live in a democracy and our laws reflect the will of the majority. If the majority want Christian-friendly laws, then gr8. But the Church doesnt insist on this and we make no effort to govern. Certainly we make our case forcefully in society, but much of the 'Christian law' you complain about, in this country anyway, is based on sound natural law about the dignity of life, the value of personal property, the right to equality before the law etc. Most people would not bother to argue with the whole swag of what Christians approve of in a legal-political sense; they are truths which are virtually self-evident.

We acknowledge Christ as both head of the Church and all government, but these two can only be united in the next world. The Church cannot govern and it must not govern. Your issue is with the Australian people, not us.

lychnobity

HSC
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16)

OP doesn't want people to be damned. :)
Thanks for proving our point.

Even if you seem to 'justify' their door knocking, intrusive, pamphlet-handing-out tendencies by implying it's with good intentions, the issue remains that it's unwanted. Christians maintain their right to freedom of religion, but non-believers reserve the right to not exercise that particular right.

Seems borderline illegal to me.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
I think, from my own expercience, that Atheists have something to hide (why after all have they rejected God's Grace?). Just look at what happens when Atheists get i charge (Pal Pot, Hitler, Stalin, Mao). If Atheists have nothing to hide why would they want to hide from Christians? Why are they hiding from God in the first place?

lychnobity

HSC
I think, from my own expercience, that Atheists have something to hide (why after all have they rejected God's Grace?). Just look at what happens when Atheists get i charge (Pal Pot, Hitler, Stalin, Mao). If Atheists have nothing to hide why would they want to hide from Christians? Why are they hiding from God in the first place?
... Are you drunk? Or on drugs?

Wrong thread, off topic.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
... Are you drunk? Or on drugs?

Wrong thread, off topic.
I am high of Gods Grace. Unlike the Athesit who is high of Satan's Hate.
And By the way Hitler was a well known Atheist, all the historian scholars agree...are you going to argue with those who have spent their life researching it?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Christians say he was an antichrist, but sure go with wiki (which says something like'Hitler never directed his attacks on Jesus himself,[26] but viewed traditional Christianity as a corruption of the original ideas of Jesus, whom Hitler regarded as an Aryan opponent of the Jews')

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I dont understand this criticism. We live in a democracy and our laws reflect the will of the majority. If the majority want Christian-friendly laws, then gr8. But the Church doesnt insist on this and we make no effort to govern. Certainly we make our case forcefully in society, but much of the 'Christian law' you complain about, in this country anyway, is based on sound natural law about the dignity of life, the value of personal property, the right to equality before the law etc. Most people would not bother to argue with the whole swag of what Christians approve of in a legal-political sense; they are truths which are virtually self-evident.

We acknowledge Christ as both head of the Church and all government, but these two can only be united in the next world. The Church cannot govern and it must not govern. Your issue is with the Australian people, not us.
Dignitatis Humanae

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I am high of Gods Grace. Unlike the Athesit who is high of Satan's Hate.
And By the way Hitler was a well known Atheist, all the historian scholars agree...are you going to argue with those who have spent their life researching it?
Lol pretty sure he committed his atrocities in the name of God

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)