Why are atheists on this website always attacking Christianity? (2 Viewers)

Daipire

HSC
I'm an athiest and I don't attack christians.

'cept christian music, but most of mny best mates and my girlfriend are christian so, yeah...

I guess people attack christians because christians, although unintentional, attack athiests, all the praying, grace, mentioning bible etc etc really pisses us off.

We pray like 3 times each assembly, and it really pisses me off and theres also a bible reading, a principles address (which basically turns into preaching around the 5 minute mark).

Jocharles

HSC
I'm an athiest and I don't attack christians.

'cept christian music, but most of mny best mates and my girlfriend are christian so, yeah...

I guess people attack christians because christians, although unintentional, attack athiests, all the praying, grace, mentioning bible etc etc really pisses us off.

We pray like 3 times each assembly, and it really pisses me off and theres also a bible reading, a principles address (which basically turns into preaching around the 5 minute mark).
Your pissed off at a religion because you go to a school that practices that religion. You dumbshit...

NewiJapper

HSC
Yea, sorry, chrisitanity sucks balls *its even worse than your own alter wine, seriously whats up with that? it sucks!* Its your own fault from the beginning that your the one being bullied. You christians should of thought about that and the consequences before you wrote your creative writing for journeys aye?Didn't know they had the HSC in 20BC? Who would of thought...Religion is one of the tabboo things in a general conversation aswell as politics and sexual orientation, so what gives you the right *quoting ComingUpForAir* to intellectually rape us with your religious thoughts and beliefs like its a normal thing to do? Your like a telemarketer. If we dont wanna be apart of your religion then LEAVE US ALONE.

sydchick

HSC
N/A
I, personally, do not like having religion shoved down my throat twice a day when it is not wanted. Fucking bible-bashers come to my house once a week, EVERY week even though I do my best to shock them in every way, shape and form. And no, telling them to fuck off doesn't work either.

dotagotme31uai

HSC
I understand that Christianity is the dominant religion in Australia, but it is right also to acknowledge that Australia has a diversity in culture and faiths. For this reason i am bewildered as to WHY Christianity, moreso monotheistic faiths, are targeted? There are many other faiths out there atheists can target, like the immanent Buddhism and Hindu faiths, or perhaps atheists may decide to take a turn at questioning the "innovative" jediism faith emerging or the "Wiccan" faith (witches and stuff).

And i ask that you maintain your maturity in answering this question and not fire offensive remarks towards Christianity
catholicsm, christianity, and anglican's are ignorant. lol look at family guy. in a recent episode if there wasnt any christianity we'd be 1000 years more advanced, in sciences and technology.

dotagotme31uai

HSC
I understand that Christianity is the dominant religion in Australia, but it is right also to acknowledge that Australia has a diversity in culture and faiths. For this reason i am bewildered as to WHY Christianity, moreso monotheistic faiths, are targeted? There are many other faiths out there atheists can target, like the immanent Buddhism and Hindu faiths, or perhaps atheists may decide to take a turn at questioning the "innovative" jediism faith emerging or the "Wiccan" faith (witches and stuff).

And i ask that you maintain your maturity in answering this question and not fire offensive remarks towards Christianity
I, personally, do not like having religion shoved down my throat twice a day when it is not wanted. Fucking bible-bashers come to my house once a week, EVERY week even though I do my best to shock them in every way, shape and form. And no, telling them to fuck off doesn't work either.
lol those people are strictly mormons.

amyylicious

HSC
because persecution is just something Christians hafta deal with in this world.

Last edited:

cdiddy7

HSC
because how many Buddhist or Hindu or Scientology schools are there in Australia
ill tell you
if it was more than 5
for all polytheistic religions
id faint from surprise
whereas I happen to know an incredible amount of athiests who go to catholic, anglican or christian schools
and you know what?
Im fucking sick of it
I cant walk 3 metres without getting Jesus shoved down my throat
so forgive us athiests for ignorance
but it is CHRISTIANS that should beg for our forgiveness
for giving us every reason to persecute them
Buddhists are peaceful, they dont shove Buddha down our throat
and besides
Buddhism is more worldly and understandable than Heaven, Angels, miracles and Jesus Christ
besides
if your faith was strong enough
you wouldn't have to have a cry about it on a web forum
you'd stick it out
because God would be on your side
so how about you go strengthen your faith
maybe ask God for a teaspoon of cement
and HARDEN THE FUCK UP

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
That's why for me. I'm atheist so I would know. I probably should have put 'I' instead of 'they'

Pft. Screw semantics.
Moar lyk scru Semetics!
Amirite?!

Sigh...
I miss Nebz and BBJ. They always made NCAP more interesting.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
because how many Buddhist or Hindu or Scientology schools are there in Australia
ill tell you
if it was more than 5
for all polytheistic religions
id faint from surprise
whereas I happen to know an incredible amount of athiests who go to catholic, anglican or christian schools
and you know what?
Im fucking sick of it
I cant walk 3 metres without getting Jesus shoved down my throat
so forgive us athiests for ignorance
but it is CHRISTIANS that should beg for our forgiveness
for giving us every reason to persecute them
Buddhists are peaceful, they dont shove Buddha down our throat
and besides
Buddhism is more worldly and understandable than Heaven, Angels, miracles and Jesus Christ
besides
if your faith was strong enough
you wouldn't have to have a cry about it on a web forum
you'd stick it out
because God would be on your side
so how about you go strengthen your faith
maybe ask God for a teaspoon of cement
and HARDEN THE FUCK UP
Wow. It's a debate with abstract poetry.

redfield

HSC
Religion is for dumb people who don't understand or accept science. The majority of the people who post here are smart.
The only reason you are saying this is because science cannot explain religion. Science categorises the natural, whereas religion is of the supernatural. Would that not therefore suggest that science is limited? Perhaps the atheists are the ignorant ones for trying to view the limitless through the limited lens of science...

redfield

HSC
There are two types of atheists: attention seekers claiming to be revolutionaries, and those who are angry at God.

95% of you would fall into the former.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The only reason you are saying this is because science cannot explain religion. Science categorises the natural, whereas religion is of the supernatural. Would that not therefore suggest that science is limited? Perhaps the atheists are the ignorant ones for trying to view the limitless through the limited lens of science...
"A figment of ones imagination that was so popular it was turned into a fiction novel and has its own cult following."

Bip. Bap. Bam.

redfield

HSC
"A figment of ones imagination that was so popular it was turned into a fiction novel and has its own cult following."

Bip. Bap. Bam.
If it is such a figment, my friend, then why are there all those miraculous, supernatural occurences that have happened throughout history?

Secondly, Christianity, and religion for that matter, has too big a following to be classified as a 'cult'.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah, I just noticed something supernatural. redfield and SnowFox posted 5 posts replying to each other in 1 minute. Or maybe the sorting by post time is screwed up.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Server is a few minutes ahead of time, part of the asplosion of HSC students coming on and ejaculating their problems with exams.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
You forgot the alternatives that either the natural world, the supernatural world or both simply don't exist.
Now the latter brings up the entire endless argument of metaphysics and the question of existence, so it shall be ignored. But the other two options are equally likely. If the supernatural doesn't actually exist, then it means that science is perfectly right to use only it's own lens, as the lens can see everything anyway.
Alternatively if the natural world doesn't exist that would mean we exist amongst the supernatural. But the fact that this supernatural world has shown itself to be bound by observable and scientific rules means that it is either no different to the natural world or that it is a cruel mockery of order, an order which every deity worshipped upon Earth lays claim to creating (possible exceptions existing within Hindu mythology, of which I am mostly ignorant). This means that all these are claims upon something which doesn't exist, leading to the idea that the gods are all false.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
You forgot the alternatives that either the natural world, the supernatural world or both simply don't exist.
Now the latter brings up the entire endless argument of metaphysics and the question of existence, so it shall be ignored. But the other two options are equally likely.
Initially you cannot 'ignore' an endless argument, as this means your entire argument collapses as you have not considered this case. Furthermore, you have not considered a world where both supernatural and natural coexist.

In addition, your point about the other options being equally likely is incorrect implementation of Ockham's Razor. 'Likelihood', 'probability' and science for that matter have absolutely no relevance to a palce beyond space and time, where the creation of the Universe occured. Even mathematics, cannot be used to prove or disprove God's existence as it is based on axioms of human construct that themselves cannot be proven, and anyway collapse beyond space and time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)