Why did you pick Extension 2 Maths? Should I pick it? (1 Viewer)

zozoraneem

HSC
Hi everyone, i just started year 12 (4 weeks ago)
i found out that i got first in Extension 1 maths with a raw mark of 89.3%
No one in my school has picked Extension 2 maths but all the teachers are encouraging me to.
i did a trial lesson (one on one with the teacher) for Complex Numbers and it was fun until i had to do the exercises.
i have 12 units withot Extention 2 Maths with the following subjects:
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Maths 2 U
- Maths Ext. 1
- Arabic
- Arabic Ext. 1
- English

if i pick maths 2U it would be 13 units all together.

is it worth it?
Do you think i should do it?
Whats my disadvantages and advantages if i picked it?
Why did you pick it?!

iStudent

HSC
I chose mx2 because I liked maths. I must say it is VERY rewarding. I probably wouldn't even have a chance to get 99 atar if not for my maths :)
(to give a comparison, while my maths are up in the 99.95 atar equivalent - not that hard to get - my other science and english subjects are probably going to be in the 98 zone).

MX2 is a very good choice if you want 99 atar! Still a good choice if you want a lower atar.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Hi everyone, i just started year 12 (4 weeks ago)
i found out that i got first in Extension 1 maths with a raw mark of 89.3%
No one in my school has picked Extension 2 maths but all the teachers are encouraging me to.
i did a trial lesson (one on one with the teacher) for Complex Numbers and it was fun until i had to do the exercises.
i have 12 units withot Extention 2 Maths with the following subjects:
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Maths 2 U
- Maths Ext. 1
- Arabic
- Arabic Ext. 1
- English

if i pick maths 2U it would be 13 units all together.

is it worth it?
Do you think i should do it?
Whats my disadvantages and advantages if i picked it?
Why did you pick it?!
as i said in the other thread, you should only be choosing it if you ENJOY it. in your situation since you have a very full load, are any of your other subjects particularly weak by comparison? if so it might be worth taking MX2 and dropping. it also depends how much time MX2 is going to eat up for you. personally i never spent much time on it till after trials because i tend to be alright remembering what's taught in class, but there are other kids who have done a LOT of work, and there is no way i could have done that much the whole way through.

i didn't want to choose it, but my accelerated teacher told me i should just try it out after i finished 3U last year. i actually kept it because it was so interesting

turntaker

HSC
I am currently doing it because I am good at maths and I want to learn a higher level of maths which will help me in the future. Also it is rewarding and fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)