Why do people cheat? (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I can't understand why anyone would cheat on their boyfriend/girlfriend if they love them. I know many people cheat cos they don't love them/are bored with them, whatever, but I know a couple of guys who said they totally loved their gfs yet have cheated on them. One guy cheated on his 3 times despite saying she's the only girl he's ever loved. They broke up like a yr ago but he says he still loves her. I just don't understand!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
whats there not to understand

theres a difference between:

saying you are in love
being in love

and not being in love at all...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I cheated before. And I'll say it because we were ''having a break and my girlfriend said it was okay'' but really thats just an excuse.

The reason I cheated was because my girlfriend wasn't there and this other chick was. I had the chance to get some action from a hot chick, so I took advantage of that. It had nothing to do with how I felt about my girlfriend at the time.

gna

HSC
ive never done it before, but i'm guessing if you did it, you wouldn't have much of a conscience or forgot you had a partner.....?

HSC
yenta said:
I can't understand why anyone would cheat on their boyfriend/girlfriend if they love them. I know many people cheat cos they don't love them/are bored with them, whatever, but I know a couple of guys who said they totally loved their gfs yet have cheated on them. One guy cheated on his 3 times despite saying she's the only girl he's ever loved. They broke up like a yr ago but he says he still loves her. I just don't understand!
There are many ways you can hurt your bf/gf. Cheating is one. There can be so many reasons as to why you might cheat, why you might lie etc...

Just because you've hurt your partner, it doesn't mean you don't love them.

aimstar555

HSC
i once cheated on my parnter, wasn't cause i didn't love him...i just wanted to see if i could get away with it....i didn't....he forgave me and things are alrite now, but i think that girls in particular do it for excitment and not always to hurt their other half...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i cheated twice. i regretted doing it once with someone it didn't mean anythin with. i didn't regret it at all when i did it with an old partner.

i never meant to hurt my bf or to really do it but all thoughts kinda flew out the door when i was presented with the opportunity. i guess alcohol + inability to control myself + stupid thinking = cheating for me.

i wouldn't call myself in love, but i did care a lot about him and the cheating fucked up our relationship. I wouldn't go back and do it again.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
yenta said:
Because it's easier than breaking up. It's also people's issues with wanting their cake and eating it too.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lust
temptataion
boredom
stupidity(drunkness)
anger
revenge
just to name a few reasons why ppl might cheat?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yenta said:
Some people have no self control...
I don't think I could ever bring myself to cheat on someone..I just wouldn't. its so wrong.. I'd hate to be cheated on.
Deep down if you loved someone you wouldn't cheat on them.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Excitement. Heat of the moment. Passion. It makes your heart skip a thousand beats and makes you feel appreciated, sexy, naughty...

And sometimes they love the other person more... and its completely unexpected love (or lust).

And then, other times they dont know they're unhappy until they have re-experienced the "thrill of the chase"... really, if they were really that committed to the other in the first place, they wouldnt have gotten themselves into that position. Life is a choice.

m_isk

HSC
N/A
why do people cheat?
because they can. :)

gna

HSC
not getting enough @ home....

powerhouse

HSC
but i think that girls in particular do it for excitment and not always to hurt their other half...
That pisses me off, guys don't go out of their way to cheat on their partner to hurt them for no reason. Nice generalisation.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i couldnt cheat.. and i havent and probably never will. i dont want to seem richous or anything but i couldnt do it to someone.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
scarecrow_of_oz said:
alcohol! It may not be an excuse, but it sure is a reason.
I agree with the cliche that alcohol's a bad excuse, but it's not a reason, either, in my opinion. All alcohol does is lower your inhibitions so you're just more likely to say, think, and act out the things you'd otherwise realise are inappropriate/shouldn't be done/thought/said/whatever

With that, cheating is pretty natural for people. Evolutionarily, if we could get away with it, we're probably better off for it (on the assumption we only cheat with people who have better genes than our current girl/boyfriend)... so people cheat because we're hardwired to do so. Similarly, people don't like cheating because we're hardwired to do so: it's a waste of time and resources if the person you're putting all that 'investment' into doesn't reciprocate and puts their own resources into someone else.

As m_isk said (but i don't know if he meant it in this way): we cheat because we can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)