Why does everyone find uni so hard compared to high school? (1 Viewer)

HSC
politik said:
I had to do the two years of 2U Mathematics in 9 weeks at UNSW. Hard enough?
they cut off like a good 1/4 of the course at least, trigonometric ratios wasnt even mentioned, series and sequences. etc..

frootloop

HSC
natstar said:
No spoonfeeding in uni
You have to think for yourself
Financial burden of failing, and the mark a fail will leave on your transcript
Crap.

(Ya, still worried about chem...)

I miss being spoonfed.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
miss_gtr said:
-severe lack of girly friends
AGREED!! fuck oath, i miss my girlfriends SO baD
miss_gtr said:
the thrill of laughing at people when the trip over isnt as fun anymore.
HAHAH no way. ive seen 3 people stack it on the same set of stairs at uni, and each time, it was fucking hilarious. weeks later even, i would crack up in lectures from the memory of it. all the guys are always like "omg you are laughing at the time craig stacked it arent you?"

hahah people never fell over at high school. it is SO funny at uni

sarevok

HSC
noneother said:
it's cause when ur at the top of high school and once u enter uni you find that ur only average
absolutely agreed...having gone to a pretty crappy public school where only a few people got uais over 90, to degrees in which everyone is as smart as you or smarter, has been prob the biggest transition for me and quite intimidating...

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
natstar said:
Yeah you can't be immature anymore...like when someone comes into a lecture late and everyone stares and giggles...
Like omg and is that a reason to start being mature?!?! I honestly don't give a shit if ppl stare at me when im late.. not many ppl gigle during our lectures.. hmm.. UNLESS SOMEONE STUCKES IT ON THE STAIRS BAHAHA!!

You can still be immature at uni ;)

pyko

psychopyko.com
HSC
yeah i think its a combination of everything above....
you need to learn a lot more in a much shorter timeframe - and much more self-directed learning.

in high school each class had say, 30ppl max? in lectures that is rare! (and the lecturer's don't really know you as well so can't control the class as much and ppl just talk talk talk) no motivation either ><"

i guess practically everyone goes to high school...but only ppl with an UAI above a certain mark goes to uni....so everyone is on the same/similar wavelength.

and i also think the feedback isn't as good...much harder to learn from ur mistakes at uni than at high school

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Now that I think about it, the only aspect of high school in which it really is way better than uni is when it comes to how people behave during exams. In high school when people entered the exam room, they didn't talk - not until at least after the end of writing time anyway. Whereas in uni quite often people still don't stfu even when they enter the exam hall. It is a real put off when I'm trying to concentrate during reading time and the people around me can't keep their gob shut.

lala2

Banned
HSC
^really? I found everyone was as dead silent as a class renowned for its chattiness throughout semester could get during exam time. Still the occasional chatter, but really, quite alright. Or maybe I just managed to get accustomed to that level of noise.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
I guess it depends on the subject. People don't always chat away during reading time but sometimes it happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)