Why doesn't the government go and catch all those welfare cheats!!!! (1 Viewer)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Centrelink is going to great lengths to catch people who rip-off the tax payers. They rely heavily on community for information, for example Jack knows their neighbour, June is recieving the single parent pension yet the husband lives at this address fowarding his mail elsewhere in an attempt to hide his location, therefore Jack notifies Centrelink. Centrelink has a unique system so they can check tax payers accounts, without the permission of the tax payer. This is why they state on every statement, "notify us of changes in your circumstances within 14 days"... It's a simple concept yet the idiot will attempt to rip-off the tax-payers by working and recieving a Centrelink payment.

Also if you drop out of UNI or TAFE and do not tell Centrelink, you'll have to pay the money back from the date you ceased studying.

I think they should refuse people payments if they violate the rules.

/ ignorance

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
1. This is hardly News, Current Affairs or Politics.
2. Call 13 15 24 to "Report a suspected fraud against Centrelink, Medicare, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme or the Child Support Agency."
3. A sophisticated system tracks suspiscous patterns to identify fraud. I am not able to elaborate other than to say it's quite good.
4. Oh snap! They've a step ahead of you, seriously google. Federal govt cracks down on dole cheats
5. Nice chip on the shoulder. Try focusing on improving your own situation not envying others.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Welfare cheats are the ultimate Government scapegoat ever.

Do they even exist on scale claimed by the bogans?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
there's millions of people on welfare. the government wouldn't be able to sift through all their profiles to weed out cheats.

it's up to you to report them or shut the fuck up about it and stop complaining.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
meh, only Aussie lebs are fucked. rest of them are pretty liberal people. don't know why but all the "yulleh bro fully sick brah" got deported to australia.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
You'd also need to abolish the minimum wage too.

I think you've agreed before that some basic welfare provisions make sense though.

Why not a system of workfare where anyone who needs money can sign up and work for an hourly rate?
digging holes and filling them in again?

greekgun

HSC
Probably cost the government more money and resources to catch the "welfare cheats" than to let them have it.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Fair point, although there is obviously plenty of unskilled labor that needs to be done. I think such a program could even be expanded to include paying people welfare if they undertake certain vocational training.

There has to be something better than the current system with its high potential for abuse and huge administrative costs and bureaucracy.

Cracking down on welfare cheats is not the solution because vigorously investigating everyone is so expensive. Imo the system is fundamentally flawed.
eh, we already do that

hence the classic quote i heard on the back of the bus once:

"if i miss another day of tafe, centerlink's gonna cut off me dole"

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
This is bloody ridiculous now. There are so many welfare cheats out there. Those who work and actually pay taxes have their hard working money being given to some welfare cheat who is milking the system for everything it has. I have heard and seen people who claim to live away from family and do not (and these people live in huge 2 storey houses and drive great cars), i have heard people pretend to be carers for their own parents so they can get money from government. People who get youth allowance while their families own businesses which generate 60,000 + and lie about the money they get because its maily cash money. My message to the government is to search PEOPLE'S BANK ACCOUNTS! CATCH THE CHEATS MAKE THEM PAY! I AM SICK OF MY MONEY BEING GIVEN TO LYING THIEFS WHO LIVE BETTER THAN ME! WHy doesn't the government actually monitor people to see if their children actually live with them (they lie and say children are living with relatives...BULLSHIT)? The amount of money they will save from people who do this exceeds the amount spent on such action. Why don't we inquire why some people who supposedly need welfare support purchase BMWs, 2 storey houses?
What do you mean "[YOUR] MONEY BEING GIVEN TO LYING THIEFS"?
How much tax do you generate in year 11?

Kalashnikov47

HSC
This is bloody ridiculous now. There are so many welfare cheats out there. Those who work and actually pay taxes have their hard working money being given to some welfare cheat who is milking the system for everything it has. I have heard and seen people who claim to live away from family and do not (and these people live in huge 2 storey houses and drive great cars), i have heard people pretend to be carers for their own parents so they can get money from government. People who get youth allowance while their families own businesses which generate 60,000 + and lie about the money they get because its maily cash money. My message to the government is to search PEOPLE'S BANK ACCOUNTS! CATCH THE CHEATS MAKE THEM PAY! I AM SICK OF MY MONEY BEING GIVEN TO LYING THIEFS WHO LIVE BETTER THAN ME! WHy doesn't the government actually monitor people to see if their children actually live with them (they lie and say children are living with relatives...BULLSHIT)? The amount of money they will save from people who do this exceeds the amount spent on such action. Why don't we inquire why some people who supposedly need welfare support purchase BMWs, 2 storey houses?
If you give the govt so much power, how can you ensure that those inspectors always use their power correctly?

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
making them digg holes, then refill them, afte 3-6 months on the dole is a great idea. If economic crisis then maybe not. But in the economic boom alot of people were on the dole.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
It would be great if anyone on here understood what Mutual Obligation requirements were or how they work.... and for that matter how they're changing...

HSC
I'm sure the government would increase its revenue more by attempting to reduce tax evasion than attempting to limit welfare fraud :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)