Why is everyone going to UNSW? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You don't care, yet you call me out on it... /me puts his thinking face on

Very suspect. And very disappointing.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You can't offend someone with wrong information, FreeWorld =)

It's like your thinly veiled gay joke in, "I'm going where the hot chicks at obviously something you both not interested in wankers".

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No one cares?

Okay then FreeWorld, you keep living in that fantasy land of yours...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Right...

But seriously, shouldn't you be talking to hot chicks or fondling them by now? Oh wait, they're all repulsed by you.

germansuplex

HSC
To stupid catface and shadowdude asian cunts I said I don't care, I'm going where the hot chicks at obviously something you both not interested in wankers.
Do I see something here? You're going to where the hot chicks are at?

Now, if I'm not mistaken you stated you were a 2nd year uni student already earlier in this thread. At least if you're gonna try bs your way through...try to make it consistent.

We all know you're some scrawny little kid talking big behind a screen.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So... if he's already at university and he's going to where hot chicks are - we can safely assume he's a paedophile. Or of course some scrawny little kid talking big, no wait - trying to talk big behind a screen.

I'm still waiting for your response to this post, FreeWorld:

To the OP, I took the liberty of looking at a few more world rankings.

The 'Academic Ranking of World Universities' uses a formula as such: "alumni winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals (10 percent), staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals (20 percent), highly-cited researchers in 21 broad subject categories (20 percent), articles published in Nature and Science (20 percent), the Science Citation Index and Social Sciences Citation Index (20 percent) and the per capita academic performance (on the indicators above) of an institution (10 percent)". The creators explained that that is for only finding academic and research performance.

I don't see anything there that has any direct relevance to an undergrad student.

The 4icu.org Ranking ranks by web popularity. Again, absolutely nothing relevant to learning environments for undergrad students.

And the prestigious 'Times Higher Education World University Rankings' has 13 separate performance indicators. 30% of the overall ranking score is based on the learning environment.

Reputation, income and research volume is worth 30%. But do we really care about that as an undergrad student? In my opinion, no - because it has nothing to do with my experience at university. Research influence is worth 32.5%, and that is absolutely useless for us as well - because it counts the times that an academic work by a person at the university was cited. Again, nothing to do with what I'm going to do in undergrad work. International mix? Not much as well - but that has 5% weighting.

A picture is below that explains their methodology:

So on the surface, it appears only 30% of their factors directly influences us. But let's look at that more closely.

PhD awards per academic? 6%? A good lecturer doesn't have to be a PhD to be good. So let's lessen that to 24% of their ranking has direct relevance to undergrad students.
Income per academic? 2.25%? What does that have to do with anything?

Say the same thing for ratio of PhD awards to bachelors awards... that has little to no relevance at all. Perhaps only the reputational survey of teaching and undergraduates admitted per academics - totalling 19.5% of the Times rankings has any direct relevance to us.

So can you see why I don't trust these world rankings as much as some people here say I should?
You said:

Google top unis' in aus and around the world, ANU beats all, followed by sydney and melbourne. Unsw aint close so I don't know what you're on about kid.

Don't start a debate you're not going to follow through with, kid.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Let us celebrate victory with balloons, a party hat and those things that you blow into!

twistedrebel

HSC
according to QS rankings (most widely used globally) Usyd>UNSW

~delayed~

germansuplex

HSC
according to QS rankings (most widely used globally) Usyd>UNSW

~delayed~
What are you trying to get on here? Just because of ranking you think USyd is superior to UNSW in every aspect?

Geez...Don't let these rankings fool you. If you're gonna decide on a uni be sure to look beyond these rankings.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Transvestie? A person who switches between vests?

That's... probably the best insult I've ever heard this year. /me claps /sarcasm

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
What are you trying to get on here? Just because of ranking you think USyd is superior to UNSW in every aspect?

Geez...Don't let these rankings fool you. If you're gonna decide on a uni be sure to look beyond these rankings.
Rankings are more relevant if you seek international employment and/or going for postgraduate degrees.

germansuplex

HSC
Tell that to shadowdude you transvestie.
You're still onto that kind of insult? I thought after a good nights sleep you'd realise that kind of comment just shows your lack of vocabulary to describe me. Guess I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)