Why is everyone going to UNSW? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestyler94

HSC
Man this shadowdude is really irritating, i think he has a fetish for his "Good University Guide"
But meh, who am i to judge.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I already said I fell in love with the cover girl.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The closest you'll ever get to a girl is where you are right now, the computer screen.

Have fun on those adult websites where you watch others do things you'll never be able to do =)

oh-em-gee

HSC
Okay, I'm not going to bother reading pages 4-12 of this, and I'll start by assuming what I'm about to say would've already been brought up by someone else.

You know how they say that those who can't do, teach? Well, I'm going to be a teacher. And I had the choice of either UNSW of USyd for the same course, except that UNSW was a year shorter. At the moment I'm at the beginning of my second year at USyd. Why? I'm not sure. I was overqualified for both courses. But to be honest, and this is from personal experience, no-one at USyd regrets going there, and the same is true for UNSW.

Both unis have similar qualities which just make them awesome, and once you're in one, you're pretty much set on it. Unless of course, you go to one with the intention of transferring to the another, and even that doesn't always stick.

And as for The Good Uni Guide, well, it really is just that: a guide. And you need to use it properly. You need to look up the ratings of the courses, as well as the universities. If you do, you'll realise that in general, law is a very dry subject with poor teaching quality all around.

Then if you look at the pages for each university's ug law course: yes, UNSW graduate do tend to (on average) earn more money, be employed.

But here's the thing: these are averages. You could do better, you could do worse - it's up to you. Are you going to be the kid who rides the "prestige" of USyd or the "ratings" of UNSW? Because then I guarantee you, you won't be satisfied in either uni.

And if you're doing Law for the money, you'll either have to find passion for it really quickly, or be prepared to be bored.

Here's my last bit of advice: you've done the HSC, where you've probably done subjects you don't like, either because it's compulsory, or because you wanted a better ATAR. That's over. Do something in uni about which you are truly passionate and it won't matter which university ou go to, because you'll be too busy enjoying yourself.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't you mean you start crying? You're the one who's been scolded like a whipped dog over and over and over in this thread.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Just need to say university choice doesn't mean anything for undergraduate degrees (bar a very few courses).

X

xeuyrawp

Unsurprisingly, this thread has gone to the dogs and is now closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)