why is it only 'medicine' for newcastle while other universities are medicine/surgery (1 Viewer)

stinmo

HSC
newcastle university has B medicine only while
other universities have B medicine/B surgery

why is it? does it mean that I cant learn about surgery in the university of newcastle
and graduates are considered as they are educated only in medicine but not surgery??

p.s.- To be a GP, newcastle uni graduates should do about 5years JMO(junior medical officer)

is it only for Newcastle uni or should all other uni graduate do it as well???

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: why is it only 'medicine' for newcastle while other universities are medicine/sur

You do learn about surgery. Its only the name that differs, MBBS/JMP/MB ChB, at the end of the day you finish with the same qualifications.

Ryan_T90

HSC
Re: why is it only 'medicine' for newcastle while other universities are medicine/sur

Like Omnipotence said, you still end up with the same qualifications. It is just like getting M.D. at Melbourne University, it being Doctor of Medicine and not Doctor of Medicine and Surgery.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A

nah u guys r retarded. MD>MBBS>>>BMed.

Face it, newcastle is shit. The have white taxi drivers, what a joke.

kfnmpah

HSC

nah u guys r retarded. MD>MBBS>>>BMed.

Face it, newcastle is shit. The have white taxi drivers, what a joke.
this is true. I'm from sydney, so it was a bit of a culture shock.
Anyway, this is just me assuming, but you would assume that it is the same, just named differently- there are a lot of doctors in newcastle and there are a lot of surgeons. It's unlikely that all of these surgeons either a) came here from somewhere else (disregarding international surgeons) or b) got their degree at newcastle but had to do extra training or whatever to beable to perform surgery. nomsayin'?

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A

I've heard that Newcastle is the best for Medicine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)