Why is it that senior science is so unpopular on here? (1 Viewer)

bumbo_hippo

HSC
SS is heapz easy...so im sure u wil have no prob scoring a good 98 in it!
which wont scale u down....
there is a certain mark u have to hit...im not sure wat it is...buh if u hit dat mark u wont get scaled down buh if u dont...u mite get scaled a lil bit!

lingling888

HSC
but arent you ppls worried about the scaling of this subject?

i got told today, that peoples in my school who got a UAI of 70 a couples of years back, was the peoples doing SS.......

im so sorry if i seem annoying, but im really confused....

i want at least UAI of 95...im scared SS would drag it down....

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
No it's not like that at all.

SS is a generalised science. It is REALLY EASY to score 90+. Assumably, you may just be the smartest person in your class. Ranking is everything. If you rank first, chances are you won't get scaled down. So thats an easy 90+

Compare it to the rank/mark that you'll get if you stay in Chemistry.

RANK IS EVERYTHING

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Our school doesn't have SS.

I do chemistry. I'm ranked second. I'm happy. :)

bumbo_hippo

HSC
i picked up SS cuz i hated my chem teacher...fuken failed me..cuz i dun listen to her...buh i pass all my test...and she thinkz i was krazy...cuz i dun learn in class yet still pass...she didn't understand..
so yea she failed me anywayz...
so in order to get away from her...i picked up SS...
stupid old molE~ goin to like....hunt her down and burn down her house...when i finsih high skool...

and i use to like chem too~!! T_T
she crushed my dream!

bumbo_hippo

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Our school doesn't have SS.

I do chemistry. I'm ranked second. I'm happy. :)

yea its weird...heapz of my friends at other skoolz wanna do SS...buh dun have it...
i guess too bad for them then!~ :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
i picked up SS cuz i hated my chem teacher...fuken failed me..cuz i dun listen to her...buh i pass all my test...and she thinkz i was krazy...cuz i dun learn in class yet still pass...she didn't understand..
so yea she failed me anywayz...
so in order to get away from her...i picked up SS...
stupid old molE~ goin to like....hunt her down and burn down her house...when i finsih high skool...

and i use to like chem too~!! T_T
she crushed my dream!
So mature of you. :rolleyes:

I'm not too crazy about my chem teacher either. But it's not her I'm interested in, it's the chemistry I'm interested in. ;)

bumbo_hippo

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
So mature of you. :rolleyes:

I'm not too crazy about my chem teacher either. But it's not her I'm interested in, it's the chemistry I'm interested in. ;)

she hatez me so much...
gosh...
she goes around handing out sheetz...and i sit in da middle of da class...u kno...she goes around handing them out..
gets to me...and goes...'oh..i ran out' and then keeps goin and hands them out to everyone! like...wTF is dat?!

lala2

Banned
HSC
lingling888 said:
but arent you ppls worried about the scaling of this subject?

i got told today, that peoples in my school who got a UAI of 70 a couples of years back, was the peoples doing SS.......

im so sorry if i seem annoying, but im really confused....

i want at least UAI of 95...im scared SS would drag it down....
The girl who topped Senior Science in 2005 is doing first year Pharmacy with me, and the cutoff is a UAI of 95.95. A girl in my school got 90+ for General Maths and Senior Science and is currently doing first year Med Science which has a cutoff of 94.00. So Senior Science won't drag you down if you do well in it.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
lala2 said:
The girl who topped Senior Science in 2005 is doing first year Pharmacy with me, and the cutoff is a UAI of 95.95. A girl in my school got 90+ for General Maths and Senior Science and is currently doing first year Med Science which has a cutoff of 94.00. So Senior Science won't drag you down if you do well in it.
of course, if u do well in any subject you can get a good uai, but if u dont do well then it will scale down....i got uai of 98.5 and did d+t, you think that means d+t scales well?

lala2

Banned
HSC
No, I wasn't implying that, I was simply trying to say that regardless of what subjects scale what, if you do well in them, you will do well. That is all the person I was quoting wanted to know.

If s/he doesn't feel confident about their ability to make a decision as they don't know whether they'll do well in it, then they shouldn't do it. Full stop.

lingling888

HSC
lala2 said:
wow really?
well actually now im currently doing senior science. So in the end i decided to pick senior science and i got to say it's the best decision i made! but thank you lala2 for telling me that...
actually the girl who you was talking about who topped in senior science 2005 actually came from my school! wow she's doing pharmacy! so smart!

Donna23

HSC
Senior science is f**king awesome...i do nuthing n still do well(once u consider i literally do nuthing n our lessons become a social after 2 mins then it "well")n subjects like that r fine by me...for interest sake my trial mark was 83%...down from half yearlies(86%) but we were with out a teacher for 8 weeks b4 so meh...i figure if i actually do some hard study for the hsc i can make that mark into sumthing very pretty looking

Donna23

HSC
Senior science is f**king awesome...i do nuthing n still do well(once u consider i literally do nuthing n our lessons become a social after 2 mins then its "well")n subjects like that r fine by me...for interest sake my trial mark was 83%...down from half yearlies(86%) but we were with out a teacher for 8 weeks b4 so meh...i figure if i actually do some hard study for the hsc i can make that mark into sumthing very pretty looking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)