Why is Looking for Richard so awful? (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
I have never had such a visceral hatred for a text throughout my schooling career, then that of LFR. I don't think that there is a redeeming factor. I love metatextuality but oh my lord! Every time Richard gives a monologue I literally want to throw up all of my desk. I cannot do this, send help. I've tried to watch it without analysing to see if maybe it was just the HSC aspect of my first viewing. Nope! The film is probably the worst that I've seen. :oldmad2: :mad::angryfire::chainsaw2::pain::oldmad2::mad3::oldmad::punch::shoot::vcross::chainsaw:

hafsah_

HSC
I have never had such a visceral hatred for a text throughout my schooling career, then that of LFR. I don't think that there is a redeeming factor. I love metatextuality but oh my lord! Every time Richard gives a monologue I literally want to throw up all of my desk. I cannot do this, send help. I've tried to watch it without analysing to see if maybe it was just the HSC aspect of my first viewing. Nope! The film is probably the worst that I've seen. :oldmad2: :mad::angryfire::chainsaw2::pain::oldmad2::mad3::oldmad::punch::shoot::vcross::chainsaw:
If it makes you feel better, for the first two weeks since getting my assignment, I tried watching it every day but I couldn't make it past 10 minutes without giving up on it. I was excited to watch it at first because I saw Al Pacino, Winona Ryder, Alec Baldwin, etc. in it but it's so boring and there is nothing interesting about it at all. With the majority of whatever you do for this module, link it to textual conversations, resonances and dissonances, common and disparate issues, shape new meaning, and also how it may mirror, align, or collide with another text. I believe in you!!

This is everything I took down from the movie that's on my OneNote, they're mostly quotes and not as many film techniques (NOTE: some of this isn't mine as I found it online):

1711264516208.png
1711264540193.png
1711264567632.png
1711264586381.png
1711264635210.png
1711264662336.png
1711264703307.png

aqwerty13402

HSC
If it makes you feel better, for the first two weeks since getting my assignment, I tried watching it every day but I couldn't make it past 10 minutes without giving up on it. I was excited to watch it at first because I saw Al Pacino, Winona Ryder, Alec Baldwin, etc. in it but it's so boring and there is nothing interesting about it at all. With the majority of whatever you do for this module, link it to textual conversations, resonances and dissonances, common and disparate issues, shape new meaning, and also how it may mirror, align, or collide with another text. I believe in you!!

This is everything I took down from the movie that's on my OneNote, they're mostly quotes and not as many film techniques (NOTE: some of this isn't mine as I found it online):

View attachment 42772
View attachment 42773
View attachment 42774
View attachment 42775
View attachment 42776
View attachment 42777
View attachment 42778
Thank you for sharing your findings and advice, I'm really struggling with advanced rn so i appreciate lol. But RIGHT?? Like oh my god i am so bored with it. Let me go back to writing about 1984 :inlove:

hafsah_

HSC
Thank you for sharing your findings and advice, I'm really struggling with advanced rn so i appreciate lol. But RIGHT?? Like oh my god i am so bored with it. Let me go back to writing about 1984 :inlove:
Think of it like this, you'll finish it in a few weeks. With English, the best way to become better is to do practice questions. If your teacher gives them for hw, make it a priority to get it done bc I was the same tbh. Also, you could try finding sample essays or analysis on here, studocu, acehsc, and read over how they analyse it and incorporate that into your own responses.

I didn't do 1984 but I wishh. I did The Crucible which was okay but I don't remember any of it tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)