WHY THE FREAKING HELL is first year subjets worth the same as third year in wam calc? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
WHY THE FREAKING HELL is first year subjets worth the same as third year in wam calculation?

if you screw up first year and you get like freaking 90s in third year and 2nd year you still get the same mark as someone who got like 90s in first year but competely fk'ed around 2nd year and 3rd year.

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A
Re: WHY THE FREAKING HELL is first year subjets worth the same as third year in wam c

Must in a different faculty, AFAIK the engg faculty doesn't calculate 1st year subjects in their wam

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: WHY THE FREAKING HELL is first year subjets worth the same as third year in wam c

freaking retarded arts and social freaking science faculty

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

To me, that sounds completely fair.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC

they arent IIRC

first year = 1/2 weighting

zhiying

HSC

Not sure if trolling or serial complainer with the work hours too -_-

I see absolutely nothing wrong with their calculation, if first year subjects were weighted less then people will just all fuck around in their first year. How hard is it to just study properly all 3 years

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Not sure if trolling or serial complainer with the work hours too -_-

I see absolutely nothing wrong with their calculation, if first year subjects were weighted less then people will just all fuck around in their first year. How hard is it to just study properly all 3 years
This. I honestly think SCIWAM is a bit lame - by excluding first year, I think it's wasting some effort.

enoilgam

HSC

freaking retarded arts and social freaking science faculty
Why are you getting angry at them, you're the one who hasnt performed well.

zxreth

HSC

Why are you getting angry at them, you're the one who hasnt performed well.
This.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

third year subjects are much harder to get higher grades. srsly how the fk is it fair?

and are third year subjects scaled? like the hsc?

enoilgam

HSC

third year subjects are much harder to get higher grades. srsly how the fk is it fair?
Well, wouldnt that be worse for you? If you have struggled thus far, what makes you think you are going to do better when the work gets harder?

zhiying

HSC

Harder subjects are scaled but that is already captured in your final mark. If you are screwing up first year subjects then you might wanna be thankful that 3rd year subjects aren't worth more

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

At least you don't have to worry about those horrible finance hours, they only accept Distinction average trololol

Well not all places, but the good places do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)