why write # aftter an answer? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i normally dont do anything, unless my handwriting on the day is particularly bad
in that case ill just underline the answer

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
me121 said:
although sometimes a small coloured in box is also used (to mark the end of a proof).. both are a bit old fashion though.
Not really, it's the standard convention to mark the end of a proof, which appears everywhere in mathematical papers. I have yet to see one academic who does not use it or some symbol to denote end of proof in a proper document.

The default end of proof symbol in LaTeX is a box, although that can be changed to other shapes (including clover leave).

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Templar said:
Not really, it's the standard convention to mark the end of a proof, which appears everywhere in mathematical papers. I have yet to see one academic who does not use it or some symbol to denote end of proof in a proper document.

The default end of proof symbol in LaTeX is a box, although that can be changed to other shapes (including clover leave).
okay.. maybe i should have said the QED is old fashion. i couldn't remember which one the lecturer said was old fashion.

jolzy~~

HSC
i had a tutor that did this..... i think it just caught on lol and now i do it 2

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
You don't have to...you could circle it underline it and use your own symbol. Or simply leave the answer...I'm sure the examiners will try to find it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)