Wild Swans Essay Questions (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Here are a couple of practice essay questions for the Critical Study of Wild Swans

i should have more to come later when i find them

· “It is both a strength and weakness of this book that the responder is limited to a female view of the events that unfold.”
Discuss the extent to which this view of Wild Swans reflects your own response

· 2004 HSC – ‘Interpretations of texts can shift and change with time and place’
Considering your time and place reflect on the ways in which context has shaped your critical interpretation of the prescribed text
In your response refer to TWO extracts from your prescribed text

· How does the personal voice shape our response to the historical and social context presented in Wild Swans?

· Two people who value your prescribed text in different ways and for different reasons are having a conversation. Compose their conversation which should include consideration of the structure, language and ideas of the text

· ‘Jung Chang’s story is focused on three generations of women who lived in different times and contexts.” Compare the contexts of each woman’s world discussing the similarities and differences and the impact on their lives.

· How does Wild Swans contribute to the genre of non-fiction

· In Wild Swans official history is seen as being changeable, able to be manipulated and transformed by political powers. How is this official history portrayed and how does Chang show that an alternative history can be told and preserved?

· While the narrator of Wild Swans is positioned to attract the sympathy of Western responders a skeptical response is to suggest that the narrator’s eventual success is primarily due to her parents privileged position in their society. To what extent to you agree?

ms.cinderella

HSC
ive got a few sample questions too:

* “‘Wild Swans’ is a story of China, told for the West to read.” In the light of this statement, discuss the ways that the context of ‘Wild Swans’ can affect its meaning.

* In relation to ‘Wild Swans’, discuss which has the greatest impact on the composer, the state or the family.

* Jung Chang dedicates ‘Wild Swans’ to “my grandmother and my father who did not live to see this book.” If her father had the opportunity to respond to his daughter’s dedication, how would he view Jung’s perspective and narration of events?

* With reference to ‘Wild Swans’, to what extent does the government play a role in the life of an individual?

* ‘The conventions of a genre direct the expectations of a reader.’ Discuss the implications of this statement in relation to ‘Wild Swans’.

alzeari

Alzeari!!!
HSC
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(JESS)

Muhahahaahahahaaaaa! you thought u could escape from me!!!! but NO!~ i can STALK you on the internet!!!! i know where you live. i knmow your family... your sister.... is .... BESIDE ME!!!!!!!!!!! muhahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!

ps. potato.

pps. thanks for the Wild Swans Questions!!!!!!!

pppppppppps. your sig. of callea is just wrong!!!!!

:)Emz:)

HSC
Mely!!

*glomps*
Hi you smart law cookie you!
If you couldn't figure it out already this is your siswa Emma! :wave: <-- omfg! Thats Kels emotion! *dies laughing*

Good to see you helping people out there missy! Now you can help me seeing i'm the nerd i am at the moment!

*cough anthony is stupid cough*

:rofl: Cosima and Katewench rock!! :)

Cya later sissy!!!

*glomps*

:wave: Emz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)