Will changing majors in final year look bad to employers? (1 Viewer)

student_engineer

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, I'm in Civil eng, starting my final year with a dual degree with commerce. I'm going to change my engineering major to Electrical eng, as I am more interested in the field and I believe it suits me better. I enjoy things like puzzles, logic, automation, and games such as SpaceChem and Kohctpyktop. I believe my personality, interests and thought-processes are more suited to electrical engineering.
This change will take an additional 2 years to my 6 year dual degree.

Will changing my major this late into my degree look bad to employers?
Can I counteract this by maintaining good grades, showing that I am interested in the field, and actively looking for work experience?

Thanks

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You should be aware that Electrical engineering is completely different to Civil engineering......

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi guys, I'm in Civil eng, starting my final year with a dual degree with commerce. I'm going to change my engineering major to Electrical eng, as I am more interested in the field and I believe it suits me better. I enjoy things like puzzles, logic, automation, and games such as SpaceChem and Kohctpyktop. I believe my personality, interests and thought-processes are more suited to electrical engineering.
This change will take an additional 2 years to my 6 year dual degree.

Will changing my major this late into my degree look bad to employers?

Can I counteract this by maintaining good grades, showing that I am interested in the field, and actively looking for work experience?

Thanks
Uhh, no they'll just care that you graduated with Elec. Eng.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
ummm you realize you might not have enough credits to grad in time right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)