Will doing business studies AND visual arts greatly affect my atar? (1 Viewer)

slowdanceee

HSC
(my current subjects are in my sig)

after this term i'm considering dropping economics. i'm doing pretty alright it in, but i really don't enjoy the subject and the hsc syllabus seems even more boring than the prelim one (to me anyway >_>). heaps of people have told me it would be a waste if i drop it ._. if i do, would business and visual arts affect my atar much? :\ especially since they scale pretty shit. in VA i'm coming 1/15ish? and business 5/23ish? but the ranks might have changed since the half yearlies.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
No, if you're doing well, shit scaling subjects will not negatively affect your ATAR but it will just be harder for you to smash the 99+ barrier.

It's not a waste to drop economics. Not enjoying it is a good enough reason to drop it.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Noooooooo keep art.

You're coming first.

Keep art.

That is all.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Worrying about how subjects will scale is the worst thing you can do when choosing subjects. Basically, with almost every subject, if you do well, your ATAR will be fine.

TheStallion

HSC
Any combination of subjects can give a high ATAR if you do well enough, as has been said previously.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Do what you enjoy. ATAR is not the end of the world.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You have very good rankings for both business and visual arts so there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)