Will dropping to general maths make a big dif to my uai (1 Viewer)

raz12

HSC
guys just wondering if any one wcould helpme out im struggling abit in advanced maths and thinking of dropping down will it make a big difference to my uai.... looking for around 80

rawr26

HSC
raz12 said:
guys just wondering if any one wcould helpme out im struggling abit in advanced maths and thinking of dropping down will it make a big difference to my uai.... looking for around 80
Depends on how well you go. But a high mark in general is better then a average mark in 2u.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you are struggling in 2 unit maths, and feel that you can do a lot better in general maths, then you should drop. It will not affect your UAI much if you do well in general maths, but it would be better than doing crap in 2 unit maths.

raz12

HSC
i think what i might do is see how i go after the prelimary year and if i got poor marks i will go to general what do you guys rekon?

rama_v

HSC
raz12 said:
i think what i might do is see how i go after the prelimary year and if i got poor marks i will go to general what do you guys rekon?
If you will be doing any maths at uni then put your head down and study hard in 2 unit. Otherwise, you can drop if you only need general maths :)

HSC
raz12 said:
i think that's what you should do. i don't think there's much catching up to do if you drop down to general?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
rama_v said:
If you will be doing any maths at uni then put your head down and study hard in 2 unit. Otherwise, you can drop if you only need general maths
Not necessarily you can (I think) do a bridging course that will catch you up on the required mathematics skills for your course.

raz12 said:
Certainly you may work on your study technique and do much better then you thought possible.

FranzFerdinand said:
i think that's what you should do. i don't think there's much catching up to do if you drop down to general?
Only have to catch up on the essentials and some of that you may be able to already do or remember something similar from year 10.

rama_v

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Not necessarily you can (I think) do a bridging course that will catch you up on the required mathematics skills for your course.
You can, certainly - but it will be mroe difficult trying to learn 2 years of maths in a month or so than putting the effort in and understandind the concepts now. But thats my opinion of course.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
The thing is, if you did Advanced maths throughout junior high, none of the general course will be new to you. I dropped to general from 2-unit maths in the middle of term 1 and I have never looked back. Trust me, you won't regret it if you do drop. The work is so freaking easy. Apparently there is no new work in General until Year 12, so you have some time to think about your decision. But make sure that you don't need 2-unit for anything that you want to do later on in life. All in all, it's your decision and you have a few factors on which to make it. In regards to a UAI, apparently the only difference it will make is if you go worse (or the same) as you would in 2-unit maths. According to my old 2-unit teacher, an 82 in 2-unit is equal to an 85 in General. Not too sure about the accuracy of that statement, but it is food for thought.

raz12

HSC
i would love to be an accountant or something with buisness etc.... would i need to continue with 2 unit to accomplish my goals

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
raz12 said:
i would love to be an accountant or something with buisness etc.... would i need to continue with 2 unit to accomplish my goals
Definitely. Make sure you stick with 2-unit. Don't worry you can do it. Don't talk yourself out of it. Good luck!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
raz12 said:
I believe that you would have to do the 2 unit course to get into accounting, not sure if that's true though. Stick with 2 unit for the rest of the year, and try to work hard in it.

raz12

HSC
Thanks guys for all your advice much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)