Will Mathematics count towards my UAI? (1 Viewer)

chin0o

Awesome Member
HSC
Hello all, hope everyone is studying hard for Monday :haha:

I am currently doing 6 subjects, one of which includes Mathematics. Now because of my low marks I am assuming that this will not be calculated in my UAI, but a family friend seems to think differently.

So here's my question: Assuming that Mathematics is my lowest subject, will it count towards my overall UAI (keeping in mind that I am doing another 5 subjects). I have been told that Mathematics will count towards it no matter what :S

Thanks for the help! Good luck for the exam on Monday!!

Last edited:
H

housemouse

It depends what marks you are getting in mathematics as well as your other subjects and it doesnt have to count if what your getting in maths the lowest in all your subjects.

chin0o

Awesome Member
HSC
Okay, Thanks alot! Great to know, lol.

Mathematics is definitly my lowest, so knowing it won't count takes a load off.

Cheers!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Hmm, you might run into a little problem here. Category B courses can only make up 2 units of your UAI, and since you do both Industrial Technology and Information Technology, which are both Category B courses, you will find that Mathematics will make up part of your UAI.

chin0o

Awesome Member
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Hmm, you might run into a little problem here. Category B courses can only make up 2 units of your UAI, and since you do both Industrial Technology and Information Technology, which are both Category B courses, you will find that Mathematics will make up part of your UAI.
What the fuck? How come I wasn't told about this at the beginning of the year.. Fucking cunt of a careers adviser :mad:

So even though Information Technology is VET course, it is still a Catagory B? :S

chin0o

Awesome Member
HSC
For fucks sake. Good bye UAI.

Thanks for your help :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)