will my subjects scale well? (1 Viewer)

Natalie Chicken

HSC
hey all... im freaking out!! all you yr 12 04 did soooo well! congrats!! u killed it!! but now im totally discouraged!! i think my subjects are going to bring me down so badly... n now ive lost all motivation! plzzz someone help! here r my subjects:

english advanced
mathematics
ipt
geography
senior science
studies of religion 1U

so what do you all think? n say next yr i get mid 70-90's in my hsc, what uai would u predict for me? thanks guys!

btw my school isnt going to help me out either... im guessing its like 1999th out of 2000! AHHH

--STRESSED

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Natalie Chicken
hey all... im freaking out!! all you yr 12 04 did soooo well! congrats!! u killed it!! but now im totally discouraged!! i think my subjects are going to bring me down so badly... n now ive lost all motivation! plzzz someone help!
shouldnt b yr 12 03?????????? getting ahead of urself

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Originally posted by Natalie Chicken

english advanced
mathematics
ipt
geography
senior science
studies of religion 1U
Firstly, stop freaking out. That can be left until around the end of September next year!

Secondly, those subjects arent as poorly scaling as you may think. English advanced scales reasonably well, and so does mathematics.

The key point that should be made here is, the difficulty of the subjects you may choose does not necessarily determine how high your UAI will be, rather it is how well you do in them.
Your subjects allow you to achieve 99.xx, if not 100.00! You just have to do well in them that is the determining factor here!
There is no point in doing high scaling subjects, if you cannot grasp the concepts involved, and achieve low marks.

As long as you are confident and do well in 10 units, you will succeed!

Natalie Chicken

HSC
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
shouldnt b yr 12 03?????????? getting ahead of urself
hahah opps! im sorry... yeh i obviously meant 03! lol

blue_chameleon.... thanks heaps... yeh u help calm the "freaking out-ness"

Winston

HSC
I would try to reconsider on senior science unless you're gonna ace that with flying colours, and achieve high 80s or even low 90s for your hsc exam, and also come top 5 for it, because everyone who did senior science except for like just a few didnt have senior science count, i think its just a shitty subject.

Winston

HSC
It's also too early to predict, but if you got like high band 5's in english, maths, IPT, i.e. 85 and up, and band 6'ers for the other two you can probably just make it around the 90's but you also have to be ranked good in your school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)