Wimbledon (1 Viewer)

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
damn

UNFORTUNATELY - wuddie is actually right with the ball change

aznmichael that don't just change them when it suits them.

the first seven games then every nine because they use the balls to warm up with and thats thought of as 2 games. thus the FIRST seven games.

Aznmichael92

HSC
eyetalian said:
damn

UNFORTUNATELY - wuddie is actually right with the ball change

aznmichael that don't just change them when it suits them.

the first seven games then every nine because they use the balls to warm up with and thats thought of as 2 games. thus the FIRST seven games.
it varies from tournament to tournament then I guess. medibank is like every 7 or 8 games.

Aznmichael92

HSC
wuddie said:
yea, if you think so mate, it must be true.

get used to yr10, because you'll be there for a long time.
what happens if I dont stay there for a long time?

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Some people in here have no idea, others are not retarted.

hearts

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
it varies from tournament to tournament then I guess. medibank is like every 7 or 8 games.
Lol, look at this bloke.

Get off the drugs, its doing no good for your intellectual ability.

Aznmichael92

HSC
hearts said:
Lol, look at this bloke.

Get off the drugs, its doing no good for your intellectual ability.
I am not on drugs so dont be stupid. Anyways I could be wrong which if I am, I am willing to accept it, however, I have witnessed medibank change balls every 7 or 8 games in the second set.

Talking of Medibank, when I was watching it at the stadium last year. The women hit the ball faster than the guys did or that could be because top players were playing on womens. Another possible scenario is that they flatten the ball more where as the guys could be top spin. I meant the rallies by the way.

Women's QF, A. Ivanovic vs N. Vaidisova
Men's R16, C. Guccione vs Y. Melzer

hearts

HSC
Please, do not embarrass yourself any further mate.

"I have witnessed medibank change balls every 7 or 8 games in the second set."

Have you only seen 1 tournament in your life? Do you base everything on this Medibank International?

And what did your last comment achieve?
Well done, you saw 2 matches, now you can base your thoughts and opinions just these 2 matches only.

FYI, you are partly correct- women are ballbashers, there is no other way around it.

try www.menstennisforums.com

and tennisforum.com

and let them know of your tennis expertise ;)

Aznmichael92

HSC
hearts said:
Please, do not embarrass yourself any further mate.

"I have witnessed medibank change balls every 7 or 8 games in the second set."

Have you only seen 1 tournament in your life? Do you base everything on this Medibank International?

And what did your last comment achieve?
Well done, you saw 2 matches, now you can base your thoughts and opinions just these 2 matches only.

FYI, you are partly correct- women are ballbashers, there is no other way around it.

try www.menstennisforums.com

and tennisforum.com

and let them know of your tennis expertise ;)
i never said I was an expert and did i say all tournaments were the same? I said different tournaments, different systems. "It varies from tournament to tournament I guess."

My last comment wasnt trying to achieve anything. Gees. I was just saying that as I was kinda shocked thats all. You are some sore loser. Go get a life as you currently dont have one. Thats probably a reason why your nick is hearts.

hearts

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
i never said I was an expert and did i say all tournaments were the same? I said different tournaments, different systems. "It varies from tournament to tournament I guess."

My last comment wasnt trying to achieve anything. Gees. I was just saying that as I was kinda shocked thats all. You are some sore loser. Go get a life as you currently dont have one. Thats probably a reason why your nick is hearts.
Mate- first ball change after 7 games, then ball changes every 9 games. Not this random "they change it after 7, 8 whatever games" they want to.

I have a great life thank you very much. I don't know about you though, i was having a lot more fun in Year 10 than you were. Seriously, parading around a forum- who the fuck do you think you are? Pretty contradictory shit from you eh?

Please, stop posting in this tennis thread. You are embarrasing your parents.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
did that match seriously go til 6am? cause like i fell asleep at 1.

Aznmichael92

HSC
hearts said:
Mate- first ball change after 7 games, then ball changes every 9 games. Not this random "they change it after 7, 8 whatever games" they want to.

I have a great life thank you very much. I don't know about you though, i was having a lot more fun in Year 10 than you were. Seriously, parading around a forum- who the fuck do you think you are? Pretty contradictory shit from you eh?

Please, stop posting in this tennis thread. You are embarrasing your parents.
for your information I did say if I am wrong I am willing to accept it. Which I do accept but I am saying there have been matches where the umpire change balls after the 8th game and how am I parading around this forum? How do you know how much fun I am having? Have you been stalking me? Not gonna be bothered to argue over you.

Just a query I dont really get this passage from atp. Can someone explain?

"
Nadal could seize the No. 1 ranking early next month at the conclusion of the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters, the ATP Masters Series tournament in Cincinnati. However, due to a calendar shift this season to accommodate the Olympics, any change at the top is unlikely to happen before August 18 – two weeks after Cincinnati.
Last year, ATP Masters Series events in Canada and Cincinnati were played two weeks later in the season than they will be played this year. Because points earned by players count towards their rankings for 52 weeks, the 850 points Federer earned last year by reaching the Canada final and winning the Cincinnati title will continue to count towards his ranking during the same Masters Series tournaments this year. Normally the points would drop when a player competes at the same event the following year. (The Rogers Cup in Toronto, Canada, will this year be played July 21-27 and Cincinnati will be played July 28-August 3).
But come August 18, those 850 points will no longer count towards Federer's ranking. Should Federer and Nadal perform as well as each other this year in Toronto and Cincinnati (e.g. they each make the semifinals at both tournaments) then Federer's lead on August 18 will be cut to 150 points. "

Are they saying that due to changes in the calender, the ranking points allocation will be changed?

gavvsy

HSC
Federer is one the best players in our era and the battle with Nadal will be the best the sport has seen. When Federer was at his peak he was impossible to stop and is still no. 1 after 1 one and half years. however, Nadal is also an awesome player and will soon overtake federer's reign.

hearts

HSC
gavvsy said:
Federer is one the best players in our era and the battle with Nadal will be the best the sport has seen. When Federer was at his peak he was impossible to stop and is still no. 1 after 1 one and half years. however, Nadal is also an awesome player and will soon overtake federer's reign.
Ok, lets get back to business. I've seen enough pathetic posts.

So you think Nadal will overtake Federer. WHEN will he, in your opinion?

Nadal's hardcourt form has been far from outstanding in the past few years.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
re michael
obviously you don't know how the points system work for the atp ranking. you keep the points you won from a tournament for 52 weeks, or until you play the tournament again. fed got 850 pts from it last year, which should expire 52 weeks later. but because there is the olympic games and the rescheduling, he gets an 'extension' till his plays that tournament again.

i would love to see fed kill it at the games, because hardly any top players committ themselves to the game, which shows the team mentality in this game of tennis - or lack thereof.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
i would love to see fed kill it at the games, because hardly any top players committ themselves to the game, which shows the team mentality in this game of tennis - or lack thereof.
I agree, and also I HEARD - not entirely sure on this - that there are also points awarded from The Olympics. I think that most top players like Nadal are playing the Olympics so in a sense it will be another major.

In most sports the Olympics is the peak, the pinnacle, if you're an Olympic champion then you're the best but with Tennis I just see it as another tournament. Sports like Golf, Soccer, Cricket, Rugby Union, League, Tennis and AFL shouldn't be Olympic sports. Some of them are and some not.

Just my opinion anyway.

Aznmichael92

HSC
wuddie said:
re michael
obviously you don't know how the points system work for the atp ranking. you keep the points you won from a tournament for 52 weeks, or until you play the tournament again. fed got 850 pts from it last year, which should expire 52 weeks later. but because there is the olympic games and the rescheduling, he gets an 'extension' till his plays that tournament again.

i know how the ranking system work but the way they wrote it kinda confused me thats all. I think Federer should do really well as the games as he is representing his country and wants to do the best he can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)